L390 Amiot 143 The flying Chocolate Eclair ++Finished++

JOCKNEY

Made some more progress today, undercarriage on and first coat of paint.

Managed to dislodge pilots seat in the observator lounge, absolute swine to replace and of course had to remove the bottom steering column. 

Front aperture for front turret was a shocker, so had to make some adjustments to enable it to fit which then of course requires a repaint.

Photos later.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Those upper and lower (or is that) lower and upper photos have me confused! 

The fuselage of the Amiot always looks "upside down" to me too!

L'éclair au chocolat volant is looking very tasty!

IMG_5374

The number dissolved into about 20 pieces, this was as good as I could get it.

My plan is to let it dry off and see if I can touch it in with paint.

Blooming annoying as I was hoping to get this pretty much finished tonight.

cheers Pat

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Well done on the decal front. A tiny bit of re-touching and it will be perfect. Nearly there now, I wish mine was a bit closer to completion.

Dave's right about the up or down thing. If the fuselage was flipped, there would be the possibility of a sun deck topside. I can't believe Amiot missed this.

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

these old(ish) decals have been sent to our stash to test us!

Why don't you use some decal fix, just to save you an early heart attack, falling nose first on your chockie eclair, and ruining what would have otherwise been a brilliant build!

Again, this is the optimistic scenario, you know me.

I really like your Amiot! Great build showing your nerves of steel.

Keep having fun.

JR

Edited by jean
  • Like 2

The fight with the decals continued this evening, whilst helping my daughter with her maths, algebra being a firm family favourite...... NOT !

At first glance it's not too bad, although I can hear Jean Roger saying the blues too dark !

IMG_5375

The decal to cover the rudder, seems too long on one side, and not long enough on the other, so after its dry, some fettling with a scalpel blade should fit this.

Underneath gives a hint of the problems with the diagonal stripes

IMG_5376

These disintegrated and if I'm honest took a lot of self control not to abandon the build completely, Jockney junior was in danger of learning a new vocabulary to go along with the transposition of formula !

IMG_5377

IMG_5378

IMG_5379

IMG_5380

I can't tell you how long it took to finally get it to look this rubbish !

Hopefully I can salvage things with some closely matched paint. I can't remember the last time I had this trouble, so whatever therapy I undertook worked !

A very grumpy Pat :raincloud:

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

A very grumpy Pat :raincloud:

Looks like it’s put you through the wringer! Like I said if you want another run at it you’re welcome to the chocolate eclair decals from my Musée kit.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Looks like it’s put you through the wringer! Like I said if you want another run at it you’re welcome to the chocolate eclair decals from my Musée kit.

Thanks very much for the offer Tony, it's really appreciated.

I think I need to step away from this one for a day or 2 and take a fresh look when emotions aren't running as high !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

You have broken the back of it Pat, it's all downhill from here on. A bit of paint touch up will see things looking as they should. Well done on getting this far with a kit that needs quite a bit of help.

Tony.

• Thanks 1

I trust the decals can be touched up. It must be a nightmare applying the breaking transfers over the heavy rivets. No better aftermarket offering around?

It's such a nice diligent build you will get it finished properly, I'm sure.

Good luck, Michael

• Thanks 1

Keep on it's case Pat, you are so nearly there.

One of the reasons for me adding decals at a very early stage of my builds is to see how the things are going to perform. Many's the time they have fallen apart or just not looked right. I like my disappointments early in the build, not right at the end. 

Having had a chance to calm down, I returned to the Amiot and with a bit of experimentation painted in the dissolved decals, a coat of matt varnish, glued the bombs on and its done.

IMG_5391

IMG_5392

IMG_5393

IMG_5394

IMG_5395

I apologise for my loss of patience earlier and would like to thank you all for encouraging me back to complete this build.

I hope you like it.

cheers Pat

• Like 21

• JOCKNEY changed the title to L390 Amiot 143 The flying Chocolate Eclair ++Finished++
26 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

Lovely, if that can be said about a flying chicken coop screwed to a barn door.

Is the first of the big ugly bugs to make it to the gallery?

I believe it's the Amiot-ver the line...

Looks great Pat, cracking job.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2