Vought A-7E Corsair II, VA-37 Bulls

Now for a dirty build, really dirty!

After 9 years on The Shelf of Doom, when I ran out of mojo, it got ressurected when I felt the need for a dirty TPS scheme :P

Anyways a straightforward build, a bit old gawa model but it went together nicely only issue I had was really all the open doors everywhere...I don´t like open doors.

Some aftermarket found their way into it, Aires pit, reskit wheels, Airdoc decals, verlinden bombs, eduard masks and some scratching.

I went for VA-37 "Bulls" and loiaded it up to the teeth! :D

Here are the dirty pics...enjoy!

DSC_3553_zps4idzhpzi.jpg DSC_3555_zpsze5ea3oo.jpg DSC_3557_zps1ieops2v.jpg DSC_3559_zpskykzqyog.jpg DSC_3561_zps7mzyvfmz.jpg DSC_3563_zps0j1v47s1.jpg DSC_3566_zpsebmrvo3e.jpg DSC_3568_zpstiva2n0s.jpg DSC_3570_zpsg1yzfxag.jpg DSC_3573_zpsp9eghdfo.jpg DSC_3575_zpsqjanduwa.jpg DSC_3577_zpsyx112d5w.jpg DSC_3579_zpskoti0k5j.jpg DSC_3581_zpsr9eli291.jpg DSC_3583_zpslke7oy1a.jpg DSC_3586_zpsu8atbykp.jpg DSC_3588_zpsv7flagny.jpg DSC_3590_zps6qfqlown.jpg DSC_3592_zpsuxwcgtzj.jpg DSC_3594_zpsplptx7gy.jpg DSC_3596_zpse0rrtxur.jpg DSC_3598_zpsdu33mjid.jpg DSC_3600_zpspqsaegzw.jpg DSC_3601_zpsa8gpmpj6.jpg DSC_3602_zps9hzlkvjf.jpg DSC_3603_zpsszqr3mrm.jpg DSC_3604_zpsptphq6el.jpg DSC_3605_zpskor4bnng.jpg DSC_3606_zpsavvffetw.jpg DSC_3607_zpsxumzfbk3.jpg DSC_3608_zpsisabbsxo.jpg DSC_3610_zps1lub4euv.jpg DSC_3611_zps57utadrb.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Very nice mate! Love the low vis A-7s. Might have to put my one on here, not sure. Its the hi-vis version, tatty early 80's.

33 minutes ago, Inshala said:

Very nice mate! Love the low vis A-7s. Might have to put my one on here, not sure. Its the hi-vis version, tatty early 80's.

Thanx Inshala :D

please do, grey over white is gorgeous!

I went for the full Aires E&E bays, wheelbase and cockpit etc. Nearly threw the whole thing away many times but got through it eventually not not to be repeated.

7 minutes ago, Inshala said:

I went for the full Aires E&E bays, wheelbase and cockpit etc. Nearly threw the whole thing away many times but got through it eventually not not to be repeated.

Brave, very brave 😂

Well a dremel does make life livable when it comes to making Aires resin  fit :P

Definitely has a "workhorse" look rather than that of a "show horse". Cockpit and seat are very impressive.

Very nicely done SLUF - love the dirty, well used look. These guys really did get dirty! Nice detailing and I agree - I prefer mostly doors closed to show the lines of the aircraft.

Cheers

Malcolm

14 hours ago, chris148 said:

Very nice,certainly from the well used category 👍

Thanx Chris :D

marks of a life lead :) 

13 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Definitely has a "workhorse" look rather than that of a "show horse". Cockpit and seat are very impressive.

Thanx SAT69 :D I do love painting cockpits :)

8 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

She is a beauty, coz she is dirty, yeah man a A-7 have to look like yours.

Exorbitant.

Thanx Harry Callahan :D

TPS schemes looks off when they are fresh... :P

8 hours ago, Koralik64 said:

👍

Thanx Koralik64 :D

5 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Looks good, nice & dirty!

Thanx Phil :D as it should!

3 hours ago, Baldy said:

Very nicely done SLUF - love the dirty, well used look. These guys really did get dirty! Nice detailing and I agree - I prefer mostly doors closed to show the lines of the aircraft.

Cheers

Malcolm

Thanx Malcolm :D

I prefer models that are moulded with all doors closed but with marks on the inside to easily cut them open if you want to.

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

Very nice indeed, looks really good!

Thanx F-32 :D

33 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Stunning! The weathering is just superb 👍

Thanx binbrook87 :D

very kind of you :,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Great job on the Corsair, you’ve caught that patchy paintwork perfectly !

Wulfman 👌

Thanx Wulfman :D

It is patchy indeed, TPS makes for a lovely patina after a few cruises :D

Great job. Very nice and well done !!!

I really like it, and I find it inspiring for my A-7. Although I consider that you have done a very worthwhile job especially in the painting and dirtying process, I would have liked the dirt not to be so brown but a little darker. Please do not consider it a destructive opinion, it is only a personal taste and it is oblivious to the good work that I think you have done.

Andrés S.

6 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

Great job. Very nice and well done !!!

I really like it, and I find it inspiring for my A-7. Although I consider that you have done a very worthwhile job especially in the painting and dirtying process, I would have liked the dirt not to be so brown but a little darker. Please do not consider it a destructive opinion, it is only a personal taste and it is oblivious to the good work that I think you have done.

Andrés S.

Thanx Andrés :D

I used many different pigments both black, grey-brown and others for the dirt. Then it is the issue of photography...the colors in the photos are tampered with as is light and exposure. When I edit pictures in Lightroom sometimes some colors can take over a bit. :P

this is an unedited picture I took from the build table before the photoshoot and you can see how different the nuances are. :D

IMG_3447_zpsl8vntnie.jpg

Modelling is a matter of individual taste and we all like different things and I do not fret if someone is of another opinion or comment on something:D

4 hours ago, jimmyg352 said:

That's filthy & looks really good! 

How did you do the yellow canopy lines, steady masking hands? (which I don't possess)

Thanx Jimmy :D

I cheated, they are decals :P

Managed to get my hands on one of these last month with exactly the same idea in mind as yourself - a nice dirty TPS scheme.

This is a super build and great inspiration, lovely job.

Eng

4 hours ago, F-4Guy said:

Excellent work!

Thanx F-4Guy :D

2 hours ago, eng said:

Managed to get my hands on one of these last month with exactly the same idea in mind as yourself - a nice dirty TPS scheme.

This is a super build and great inspiration, lovely job.

Eng

Thanx Eng :D

I'm looking forward to that build:D