Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk

And the third finish of 2019 from my Airfix therapy build thread: The loveable li'l Airfix Scooter. paints by Mr Color and an Xtradecals set used. Nice little kit with usual issues for new Airfix but looks good to me. BTW the repeated comments about missing pilots, drones etc have been registered and are just as funny as they were six months ago :yawn:: These are being sold on as desktop models to non-modellers who don't care for little plastic men with smeary badly painted faces!

Great to get three done in a month but really could do a lot more with organization: Took some liberties with this one- blue windscreen? Decals for intakes instead of painting and that factory fresh sheen that all Scooters seem to have , even after a jaunt to Hanoi..

WIP Here

porttop.jpg

fronttop.JPG

pit.JPG

details1.JPG

stbdprofile.JPG

overflyrear.JPG

overfrlyfront.JPG

portback.JPG

• Like 32

I do like the lovely little Scooter.  You have done a great job on yours.  I actually have one on the go as well.  The fit of the canopy on mine is awful, hopefully will turn out okay in the end otherwise it might take a hit from a Guideline in my garden.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Booty003 said:

I do like the lovely little Scooter.  You have done a great job on yours.  I actually have one on the go as well.  The fit of the canopy on mine is awful, hopefully will turn out okay in the end otherwise it might take a hit from a Guideline in my garden.....

If you look closely, I superglue filled and sanded the canopy down after masking: The back of the opening part is atrocious, proud by nearly 1 mm so I filled and sanded it down completely.

• Like 1