Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

That extra 2 weeks in total is a godsend.

I've been completely swamped @ work lately, and only the last few days have been able to get back on the two builds. 

Expect the P-39 to get it's updates, and the Harvard is also well underway again.

• Like 1

We are entering our final week, with lots of builds still in progress with a gallery just waiting for you to finish.

Thanks to Steve aka @fightersweep I am still to finish a build myself so am in the same boat.

Expect lots of encouragement from your host and co-hosts over the coming weeks @JeroenS is expecting a high % of completions so please let's not disappoint him.

Talking of which I'd better get back to my own build !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

One week! Gulp.

I'm pretty sure of getting the Arc and Constellation done in time, they are not too far off completion as they sit this morning. There's a few others that may or may not make the finish line, I'm pushing my luck a bit with is lot...

20210205-135818.jpg

The Hawk is nearly done. A bit of side glazing to make and yet another replacement gun barrel needed and it's finished. The others are all at various stages of completion, some nearer than others.

I've added a base for each build, just to give me a bit of a boost as these models have been neglected for quite a while now.

20210205-141103.jpg

I've not had time to update the build threads for them. A couple have not even had threads started! Pictures have been taken though, It's all a matter of sitting down and catching up as required. I'll try to squeeze in a bit of posting time today, it will be nice to catch up.

I'll do what I can this week build wise, if I'm lucky I'll be adding a few of this lot to the Gallery.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As Pat says, we've got just over one shiny week and that's it for this GB!

I'm including myself in this, I need to get at least one kit finished for this GB, I'm sure many others will likewise feel the impending deadline daunting but we can all work miracles in that time if we set our minds to it.

I know real life gets in the way, I've spent most of the day fixing a broken fence, I'm frozen to the core but as soon as these fingers warm up I'm going to the bench.

Good luck everybody!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks to Steve aka @fightersweep I am still to finish a build myself so am in the same boat.

You'll have to excuse me while I depart on a guilt trip! 🤣 Does that mean that if your build thread slows for any reason, that you have to go all bad cop on yourself?

I'm in the same boat though. Still trying to finish the He 112 and Hellcat, and the Corsair is now starting to make me sweat a bit! I've barely done anything yet. 

I see the GB has 10,000 posts now. Is that a record for a GB?

Steve

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

You'll have to excuse me while I depart on a guilt trip! 🤣 Does that mean that if your build thread slows for any reason, that you have to go all bad cop on yourself?

I'm in the same boat though. Still trying to finish the He 112 and Hellcat, and the Corsair is now starting to make me sweat a bit! I've barely done anything yet. 

I see the GB has 10,000 posts now. Is that a record for a GB?

Steve

@Enzo Matrix will keep us straight on the posting record. 

I'm practicing giving myself the hairdryer treatment in front of the mirror ready for midweek if the Bü 133 still isn't finished  !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wez said:

As Pat says, we've got just over one shiny week and that's it for this GB!

I'm including myself in this, I need to get at least one kit finished for this GB, I'm sure many others will likewise feel the impending deadline daunting but we can all work miracles in that time if we set our minds to it.

I know real life gets in the way, I've spent most of the day fixing a broken fence, I'm frozen to the core but as soon as these fingers warm up I'm going to the bench.

Good luck everybody!

My excuse is that I've been doing a load of walking to strengthen my circulation.  I'm certainly pleased to have the extra time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Six days my friends, you have six days to complete your builds.

Wez, did you ever work on a market stall, I recognise that sales patter when I hear it

Step up ladies and gentlemen,

do I hear 3 for a £ ?

no of course not,

4 for a £, no we can do better than that

5 for a £ you won't find better,

I'm virtually giving these away !

• Haha 1

With apologies to the late, great David Bowie...

We've got five days, what a surprise
Five days stuck on my Heller kit
We've got five days, my brain hurts a lot
Five days, that's all we've got

Now get on with it you lot!

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Wez said:

With apologies to the late, great David Bowie...

We've got five days, what a surprise
Five days stuck on my Heller kit
We've got five days, my brain hurts a lot
Five days, that's all we've got

Now get on with it you lot!

I'm getting on with it alright - check my Sabre thread. Now, I need to spend some more time on the Bloch 210. And finish off the Bf 108 and Fi 156. Still hoping to get 7 kits completed by Sunday evening ...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, klr said:

I'm getting on with it alright - check my Sabre thread. Now, I need to spend some more time on the Bloch 210. And finish off the Bf 108 and Fi 156. Still hoping to get 7 kits completed by Sunday evening ...

Good man!

On 01/02/2021 at 14:19, Black Knight said:

Last night I remembered that I have a Smer SPAD VII in my WW1 types boxes. That kit is ex-Heller according to the font of kits knowledge, Scalemates.

If I do a bit of a 'blitz' on it over the coming weekend I may get it done before the deadline

Also, tomorrow I can get to my number 2 stash shed. In it is a rather rare Heller kit. I may be tempted to build it as well.

sorry, I never got doing as last Wednesday, 3rd, I got an order for a load of leather goods which had to be done and delivered yesterday. They took up all my time.  I only got back home this evening from delivering them.

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

sorry, I never got doing as last Wednesday, 3rd, I got an order for a load of leather goods which had to be done and delivered yesterday. They took up all my time.  I only got back home this evening from delivering them.

Trying not to think of you looking like an extra from a western, driving cattle on horseback across the wild open prairies of Ulster ! :cowboy: 🐄 🐂 🐃 🐴

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I only got back home this evening

Not to worry..... They're talking about a French Fancy GB next up! 

You've just reminded me, I've got one of those silly big 1.28 scale Revell Spads somewhere. Hey, at that size I'd be able to rig the wires! 

• Like 2