Put a Face to your Name Mk.II

Mike

In the process of getting my biannual haircut. My good wife is in the background on her mobile, probably selling some of my stash whilst I'm out of the house.

5DhBAu.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hello, new member here! I grew up on Airfix and Matchbox kits in the 70's/80's in England. Now live in California. Still occasionally making the odd Airfix kit, and I now produce my own models (my 3D models from blueprints, resin printed) of ERCO Ercoupes, 1/48 and 1/72 scale. Got my son into modeling as well, although he's gone off down the 'Warhammer' route. I also own and fly a full-scale Ercoupe. Looking forwards to joining in the fun here.

spacer.png

Edited by Ercoupe808
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ercoupe808 said:

Hello, new member here! I grew up on Airfix and Matchbox kits in the 70's/80's in England. Now live in California. Still occasionally making the odd Airfix kit, and I now produce my own models (my 3D models from blueprints, resin printed) of ERCO Ercoupes, 1/48 and 1/72 scale. Got my son into modeling as well, although he's gone off down the 'Warhammer' route. I also own and fly a full-scale Ercoupe. Looking forwards to joining in the fun here.

spacer.png

Interesting how much do these cost you to make ? By chance what would you ask for a print in either scale ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Interesting how much do these cost you to make ? By chance what would you ask for a print in either scale ? 

Dennis

Hey Dennis. Not 100% sure if I'm allowed to mention it here, but my website (https://www.ercoupetv.com/store/index.php?page=ercoupe-models) has them for sale. They don't use much resin to print, now I have the model correct, but you should see the big box of 'development mules' I have! It's been quite the learning process to get it right.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ercoupe808 said:

Hey Dennis. Not 100% sure if I'm allowed to mention it here, but my website (https://www.ercoupetv.com/store/index.php?page=ercoupe-models) has them for sale. They don't use much resin to print, now I have the model correct, but you should see the big box of 'development mules' I have! It's been quite the learning process to get it right.

Thank you I will review and D/M you soon about a purchase. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Mal_Belford said:

well,here is my face.....

ugly as poo-poo 😆

screen14.jpg

You look like the sort of man that - for the right price - makes other men disappear!

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, dekenba said:

You look like the sort of man that - for the right price - makes other men disappear!

Haha. got a small story that happened few yrs ago (im from Sweden).

Went to Dallas for a week, to a guitar fair, one morning at Starbucks for breakfast, chilling outside, suddenly a cab driver stops suddenly panic brakes (squeeked brakes) slams up the door and starts walking towards me, and shouting, what the hell, when the hell did they let you out, i never thought they would let you out....me i looked around as thought he were shouting to someone else, but i were all alone there, no one around me, and realized it were me he shouted at upset as (imsgine) and i answered wo me?...yeah YOU loudly, said what?...and when he got closer he continued to talk abnd after a while he staryed realized i were not the same person he thought i was, my accent were all wrong and the way i moved and all that, i got curious, and were on the move any way asked to get a lift (as he were cabdriver) to the Dallas Guitar Show Fair, i jumped in, and we spoke, he told me that he worked as a Prison guard few yes back and they had one inmate there in prison (high risk locked cell something) that looked exacly like me.....yes exacly loke him according to what he said, as he turned around many times during the drive to the guitar fair, didnt beleive that as he said damn a clone, also he told that he were almost called 911 to get me arrested but didnt were sure 100%, i asked what did that guy do, he only said damn that he were a very very bad man that done hell bad violent things,...long story.

haha.

Edited by Mal_Belford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seeing as you lost my last photo it just means I have to punish you all over again.

This is me on the right a few years ago on a holiday in Cornwall, the lads on my right claim to be my sons.....likely story! The baseball cap and shades disguise obviously isn't working🥸. My daughter is out of shot sulking as she was all holiday...😆.

53605678843_9c28ecf33c_b.jpg

We had a flight in this lovely Dragon Rapide, oddly, I seem to have a strange woman following me now! Need to upgrade the disguise..🤣

53604597947_3a462ebd56_b.jpg

The visit was to the now defunct but superb CHAC at the old RAF St Mawgan.

On the plus side we did have Tom Cruise as pilot.....:bomb:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mal_Belford said:

Haha. got a small story that happened fee yrs ago (im from Sweden).

Went to Dallas for a week, to a guitar fair, one morning at Starbucks for breakfast, chilling outside, suddenly a cab driver stops suddenly panic brakes (squeeked brakes) slams up the dor and starts walking to me, and shouting, what the hell, when the hell did they let you out, i never thought they would let you out....me i looked around as thought he were shouting to someone else, but i were all alone there, no one around me, and reslized it were me he shouted to upset as (imsgine) and i answered wo me?...yeay YOU lodly, saud what?...and when he got closer he continued to talk abd adter a while he realized i were not the same person he thought i were, my accent were all wrong and the way, i got curious, and were on the move any way asked to get a lift (as he were cabdriver) to yhe Dallas Guitar Show Fair, jump in, and we spoke, he told me that he worked as a Prison guard few yes back and they had one inmate there (high risk locked) that looked exacly like me..yes exacly, as he turned around many times during the drive, didnt beleive that as he said a clone, also he told that he were almost called 911 to get me arrested but didnt were sure, i asked what did that guy do, he only said damn that he were a ver very bad man that done hell bad violent things,...long story.

haha. 

I rest my case!

• Haha 2

Hi folk's,after fourteen years it's finally time to reveal that's not really me in my profile photo.The face only a mother could love:D

IMG-20230703-WA0001

here's one from 1977 too.

20220823_152226

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's,after fourteen years it's finally time to reveal that's not really me in my profile photo.

I'm sure we can let you off, Steve. You'll probably be stunned to learn I'm not really a duck...

James

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's,after fourteen years it's finally time to reveal that's not really me in my profile photo.The face only a mother could love:D

IMG-20230703-WA0001

here's one from 1977 too.

20220823_152226

Hey finally a face to go with a name. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 81-er said:

I'm sure we can let you off, Steve. You'll probably be stunned to learn I'm not really a duck...

James

But I AM a cat.

Nice to see you Steve!

• Haha 3

On 3/23/2024 at 3:06 PM, dekenba said:

I rest my case!

Okay.... got a new pic on me, hopefully this one is better then....took it a few min ago....and no glasses on then lol...and yes new haircut lol..yes a bit tired haha

img_2159.jpg

Edited by Mal_Belford
  • Like 4

Well this thread seems to have made a comeback so I'll put a new post on. Here I am in the back of a glider.

received_701274068650770

And here I am in "my" glider. 

20240217_142910

• Like 6

On 3/28/2024 at 10:09 PM, Mal_Belford said:

Okay.... got a new pic on me, hopefully this one is better then....took it a few min ago....and no glasses on then lol...and yes new haircut lol..yes a bit tired haha

img_2159.jpg

Good grief, you almost look normal! 

Almost...

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, Adam Poultney said:

Well this thread seems to have made a comeback so I'll put a new post on. Here I am in the back of a glider.

received_701274068650770

And here I am in "my" glider. 

20240217_142910

Impressive. You're even colour coordinated!

On 3/13/2024 at 10:07 PM, Ercoupe808 said:

spacer.png

Love those little Ercoupe's, they are so cute.

On 23/03/2024 at 12:49, Head in the clouds. said:

We had a flight in this lovely Dragon Rapide,

That was the first aeroplane I ever flew in. I think I was about 6, so that would make it about 1958, my father knew a pilot of one of these. I think we flew from, what was then Baginton Aerodrome, now Coventry Airport.

Jon