1/72 Hawker Hurricane IIc

Here I present my latest, a Hawker Hurricane IIc by Airfix and was a therapeutic 'test' build on a spare kit from the stash.

From the start it was going to be a 'wheels up' subject as I plan to put the occasional aircraft on the ceiling of the future 'Man Cave (Mk II)' and being an Airfix kit, it came  with pilot! The kit was built OOB and was very a good build with little or no problems, which surprised me some what. Cockpi was a little basic but was enough when you're stuffing a figure in the pit. Fuselage halves were joined and wings added, no filler in sight. Undercarriage and wheels fitted with no problems, nice and flush. I've never been happy with disks as dynamic props, so I ditched the blades and made a solid spinner, looks miles better to me. Everything was primed, and here comes the test, and painted using Colourcoat enamel paints. Paints were thinned 50/50, applied at 15psi and were lovely. Finished off using the kits decals for L8957, 34 Sqn, RAF SEAC, India, 1943/1944.

IMG_8026.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

The 'fluffy' stuff is some synthetic stuffing to simulate clouds.

Stuart

Edited by Courageous
Image link fix
  • Like 30

That’s a really nice looking hurricane, you don’t see many IAF Hurricanes around. If I were you, I’d maybe add a little more weathering (oil stains, exhaust stains, etc.) but besides that, you have a 10/10 model there! Good job making an older kit look good!

Very nice!

I like to see builds of the Hurricane from tropical and/or desert theatres of operation.

Pardon my ignorance, may I ask what vintage of kit this is?  A recent tooling or one from wayback?

Just wondered is all.

:goodjob:

• 4 months later...

Nice! Building it this way eliminates that somewhat malnourished prop the kit comes with.

Left: Hurricane II                Right: Hurricane I

44242374582_fd84a05d57_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...