Babylon 5 Omega Class Destroyer by Warp S

I began this build in the Hour of Longing in 2013, but for various reasons it got put to one side until a couple of weeks ago where I decided it had been on the shelf of Za'had'Doom* for too long. Its a resin kit from Warp and as such isn't an easy thing to build. The casting is - to be honest - a bit ropey, the moulds are probably getting old and it does show in places.

Original build there is here

* Yes I know I spelled it wrong deliberately!

...and so we arrive at the Hour of Scampering...

We have always been here...

DSC_7921.JPG

The central accommodation section does rotate, but its NOT motorised!

DSC_7925.JPG

See, told you so!

DSC_7922.JPG

The red spots are emergency lifeboats

DSC_7923.JPG

DSC_7924.JPG

DSC_7927.JPG

DSC_7928.JPG

DSC_7929.JPG

DSC_7936.JPG

So there you have it. I'm going to enjoy having this on the shelf next to the Sulaco from last year :) It'll be doing the show tour for the rest of this year, next scheduled one is Romsey and Smallspace in July...

• Like 20

A great, tidy looking build with what I'd call an accurately portrayed finish on the paintwork.... apart from the engine exhausts. They would show no signs of rust/oxidation at all, what with it being purely a spacecraft and never entering atmospheres. 

Still, a fine looking craft.

Rearguards

Badder

I'm not sure its supposed to be oxidation, I think it is supposed to be the colouring of the engines... look here:

face-of-the-enemy-04.jpg

My only mistake might be misinterpreting the kit painting instructions and putting a soft edge to the blue/red demarcation whereas here it looks like a distinct line.

• Like 1