Jump to content

Hunter Rose

Gold Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hunter Rose

  1. Cheers moondrome! Heresy is fine when it comes with big compliments! Thanks voozet Cheers for the kind words Bertie!
  2. Thanks for the compliment Pete! Cheers Monty Thank you John! Thanks Andy! Yeah was a bit of a faff at times, I just don't understand why they had the feet and lower leg as 1 piece, separate feet would make positioning him a lot easier Thanks Hoolio appreciate it Haha! Thanks Corsair, roger roger!
  3. Okay this guy is all done! Used some strong glue to get the support rod in plave and fixed him nice and solid. Heres a link to the final pic
  4. This is my 1/6 Battle Droid with STAP, wanted to give him a more dynamic pose than the standard kit so I cut his ankles off and reworked most of the limb joints in order to give him more of a motorbike type lean. I'm really pleased with how he came out and getting the pose sorted and gluing him in place turned out not to be quite as fiddly as I thought, and I think it looks much better than the very static looking original. Heres a link to the WIP Thanks to everyone who followed along and commented, that always makes a build more fun and interesting! Here are the final pics IMG_20211018_113911098~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113858410_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113842813_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113741993_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113721210_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113658776_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113649792_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113623128_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113612545_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113533847_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113517179_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113447675_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113424045_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113408745_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113345578_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113355128_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113224428_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113112061_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113049895_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113038317_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211018_113003001_HDR~2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr Thanks for looking, all comments and questions welcome
  5. Nice! Can just imagine this guy screaming across the desert to Ride of the Valkyries!
  6. Thanks kenliu, appreciate your compliment and happy to inspire
  7. Fantastic work! I especially like how you've carved in the boot creases, some serious attention to detail
  8. Thanks Andy! I've literally just glued it to the base and left it drying in the shed, so it is all done now! Probably won't get a chance to do the rfi photos till next week though
  9. Really like this, makes me yearn for a 3d printer! All things mech really floats my boat Great job upgrading the gun, it looks way better, look forward to seeing more
  10. Time for what will probably be the final update on this guy! I got the droid glued into place by his feet, and got the right arm in place as well. In order to do that I had to support his weight and the easiest way was to fix a bit of wire to the roof of the shed and loop it round his backpack. IMG_20210930_144521902_HDR by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20210930_144542545_HDR by Nick Frost, on Flickr And the I got the left arm in place IMG_20211012_115139318_HDR by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211012_115153446_HDR by Nick Frost, on Flickr IMG_20211012_115222717_HDR by Nick Frost, on Flickr Next I got a circle of wood cut that will be my base IMG_20211003_190407533 by Nick Frost, on Flickr This will get sprayed black, and I'm going to drill the hole for it right to the side so it will be leaning over the base itself which will make sure it has enough support and wont tip over. So hopefully the next time you see this it will be done! Thanks for looking, more soon
  11. Wow those are some damn fine looking propellers!
  12. Looking great! Really like the engines and the cockpit is coming together nicely, the tea and biscuits were well deserved
  13. Just catching up with this, and that's another pair of socks blown off! Looks fantastic, details are amazing and that's a really good rusty finish on the painted bits, I especially like the front keel
  14. Very cool, the 3 legs give it a really sinister insect vibe, like it
  15. Doesn't sound stupid at all, a lot of my builds have been stalled mostly because there's a small detail I'm trying to twist my brain around! Man I've started about 5 projects that I had the intention of lighting and then didn't because it was stressing me too much! I would say just take your time and more importantly don't worry about taking your time, don't sweat it if you've not posted an update and just get it done in your own time and focus on enjoying it. That's what I do and I find easing the pressure helps you to think through the details
  16. Thanks Hoolio! Yeah i think chipping is just a matter if finding the technique that suits you, I find the hairspray method and masking fluid method a bit too slow with undercoats and such plus not a great amount of control imo. I just have a stash of fine sponge which I rip off in random bits and hold with tweezers, and dip it in my colour (enamels work best they flatten really well) get off most of the paint with blotting then just dab here and there on edges and where I think makes se sense trying desperately not to go crazy with it! It's a quick and easy method that gives instant results which is why I like it
  17. Oh man I love the Raptor! Will be following with interest, like the sound of all the cool upgrade bits
  18. Thanks Pete! Yeah I like the brown too so I really had to restrain myself from going overboard with it!
  • Create New...