Airfix Blenheim I

Did this one at the back end of last year. The camo is purely speculative based on a side profile in 'British Aircraft of WW2' by Colin Mondey Just thought it looked better than the green box offering.

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

• Like 19

Lovely bit of work, and nice to see a non-RAF example. You seem to have been a bit busy in the last day or so! :lol::frantic:

Builds from earlier in the year before I had a camera. Photography is still a dark art to me. The light changed as I was taking the Blenheim pics.

• Like 1

I've been taking photos semi-seriously for thirty-odd years, including a stretch doing photo-microscopy and macro work as part of my job, with guidance from a couple of professionals, and it's STILL a black art!

• Like 1

Nice job Darby.

I've got that Mondey book, along with the American and Axis ones - great reference material. That's a lovely Blenheim - page 49 in my 1994 edition!

The camo is purely speculative based on a side profile in 'British Aircraft of WW2' by Colin Mondey Just thought it looked better than the green box offering.

Actually, the Blenheims are said to have arrived in Romania in the British camo so you`re safe. :D Where did you take the no 37 from? I was under the impression that the airfix kit only has the no 8 on its decal for the Romanian version. Nice job!

Actually, the Blenheims are said to have arrived in Romania in the British camo so you`re safe. :D Where did you take the no 37 from? I was under the impression that the airfix kit only has the no 8 on its decal for the Romanian version. Nice job!

Spare decals and the fin flash is painted on

• Like 1