Vignette Group Build Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Quick question, are figures nescessary?

I've got an idea that doesn't include them.

K

There must be two or more components on the base other than the scenery/setting so two or more figures or two or more vehicles or a combination there off.

Stretching the envelope here.... but yes, I'm in!

You're on the list Mark

There must be two or more components on the base other than the scenery/setting so two or more figures or two or more vehicles or a combination thereof

Ok, thanks for the clarification, I'll have to elaborate on my idea.

K

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mmmmm. 6" square base. Two or more elements, not including the setting or scenery. Well that rules out a number of my ideas.

That said it also rules some of my ideas in, or at least makes me think how I may get them on to a small base.

Add my name to the list please.

• 2 weeks later...

As I'm co-hosting this possible GB next year, if or when it gets through the vote, I thought I ought to see what was possible on the maximum size of base allowed - 6 inches x 6 inches. I recently completed Airfix's old 1/76 Tiger 1 and felt it would be good to have it displayed on a base with a bit of a desert theme. And this is the result:

17513833832_42faa5a20b_c.jpg

17516029515_c3d88f0f68_c.jpg

And to show the base is the size it should be:

17405516030_12a5705a48_c.jpg

I have posted more photos in the RFI section here.

I found I had more space available on the board than I was expecting but then it is a small tank!

If you haven't signed up to support this GB yet then hopefully this might encourage you.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 4

Stix - saw this the other day in RFI - great job with this one and good use of the allowable space.

As discussed before, the base size parameters do limit subject choices in larger scales.

regards,

Jack

A rather pedantic question; is the display board to be 6 x 6 maximum overall, or is that just for the used space? ie; will a fancy border/frame count as part of the size?

This wee dio is approx 8 x 7.5, but the fancy shaped border is approx 3/4 inch wide, making the used area approx 6.5 x 5.

ed20ca7b0aaf657a21afd3827e2cf892.jpg

• Like 1

I don't see a problem either Mish. Hopefully this GB will get through the vote and we'll get to see what John has in mind!

• 2 weeks later...

Right - another bump for this possible GB:

Just finished these and the base, measuring 6in x 6in, for the Achtung Panzer GB:

17926100120_9e1f79390c_c.jpg

18087320626_c3b674262d_c.jpg

18113833095_cff9c2c6d8_c.jpg

18113806085_a04ffc49b7_c.jpg

I had to make a fairly simple base because I'm basically running out of time before the APGB is over. So I figured I could make another vignette based on the exact same size as the desert scene above.

If you haven't signed up to support the Vignette GB yet hopefully this might give you some ideas.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 6

At Stix's behest, here is a photo of my recent APGB Ft-31 set in a fairly simple scene. The base itself is the required

6" x 6", and shows some of the necessary elements within, i.e., a vehicle/s and/or figures.

ft.3_zpsiqwjgkik.jpg

As it is, the base itself is a piece of slate cut to the 6 x 6 size, and I think it shows, as Stix's and Black Knight's does, there is plenty

of scope for ideas.

ft.1_zpsm8vpxzww.jpg

Join up today...you know it makes sense!

Sean

edited for grammar

Edited by sean
  • Like 2

Marvellous vignette Sean. Thank you for posting it here.

If anyone else has made a vignette on a base measuring no more than 6in x 6in and wouldn't mind posting a couple of photos here it may help others get some ideas for this possible GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Now it just seems like I'm trying to hog this thread with my AFV builds but, just to show it's possible to get something in 1/35 onto this size of base:

18125292868_9af0ab939b_c.jpg

Okay - so it's a bit of a tight fit but I think it works okay.......... and there are more imaginative people out there than me who could do something more creative.

18125317268_3bbae016dc_c.jpg

And one with the ruler just to show it is 6in x 6in:

18127057209_29e693839a_c.jpg

I will try and do a base of this size with an aircraft at some point but it might not be for a while.

If you've not signed up to support this possible GB yet ........now is your chance!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Hi giemme. Thank you. It's 1/35. It's quite an old Tamiya kit but it's excellent value for money - you can usually pick it up fairly cheaply and it comes with five figures. You can find my build thread here if you want a few more details: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234979813-another-135-tamiya-panzer-kampfwagen-ii-ausf-fg-update-020615-now-with-a-base-and-troops/

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I have the 1/24 th "Rommel's Rod" waiting to get build.Was planning to make a desert setting.But it's bigger than the set rules for the base.

So I don't know if it will be OK.

rod_zps0t8besdq.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Hi Erwin. That looks like a great kit but I fear it may overhang the sides of the base a tad too much for this GB. I'll let Mish have the final say but I'd definitely be interested in seeing it in progress when you get around to making it.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Erwin. That looks like a great kit but I fear it may overhang the sides of the base a tad too much for this GB. I'll let Mish have the final say but I'd definitely be interested in seeing it in progress when you get around to making it.

Kind regards,

Stix

It is indeed to big. If not OK,I can post it in another section.No worries.