AIRFIX 1/24th TYPHOON picture heavy

I'm not a fan of etched harnesses as well. I was thinking of the fabric belts which are much better in my opinion.

I have a set of the Radu Briznan Sutton QK and I may use these instead if I can be sure this is the correct type. I think this is where a photo of your particular Typhoon would be very helpful because the one included withe the Airfix kit is a later type - having a quick release box. But this is a Typhoon 1B, is it possible that the car door Typhoon had the earlier type (CK) ? I notice that one of the kit options has the 3 blade propellor and smaller taiplanes of a car door Tiffie - and the text says it was modified to have a bubble canopy. Might that have an earlier set of belts? Of course, the other thing is that the Airfix belts stop at the top of the seat. It is quite possible that you can't see the point where they attach to the airframe because of the rear decking but I am going to wait for some reference material before I decide.

Ok very large update today.....both aricraft have had there full spray jobs and weathering has begun on my fathers. The rest of gear bay detail added....mine has had the cowl prepared for removing the panels.... flaps touched up and 4 different layers of shades of paint added to the model without invasion stripes... heavy weathering yet to come and final details and rockets will hopefully be added in the next 2 lots of photos... please see photos below

enjoy

DSC_0080_zps131285fb.jpgDSC_0078_zps7f28ae1d.jpgDSC_0081_zps93742eca.jpgDSC_0079_zps263d4a4a.jpgDSC_0077_zpsc05b5aee.jpgDSC_0083_zps65f8a446.jpgDSC_0084_zpsf955347d.jpgDSC_0088_zps9f65fb01.jpgDSC_0093_zpsf2f82c5a.jpgDSC_0097_zpsa3c765f2.jpgDSC_0096_zps54e4adcb.jpgDSC_0100_zps872e7b21.jpgDSC_0098_zps74a73b55.jpgDSC_0101_zps47f2e0de.jpgDSC_0104_zps8e9b8b70.jpgDSC_0103_zps7cd2ea1c.jpgDSC_0102_zps92a0d667.jpg

• Like 7

Great build I'm amazed at how quick this build has progressed.

Me too, how much sleep have you both had in the last few days?

Not wishing to take anything away from Airfix, but looking at the 'photo of the main wheel well roof makes me realise how great a job MDC did with their Typhoon, all that detail, including undercuts and lightning holes, in one casting.

Wow, what a build! Your work is amazing (the weathering on the D-Day stripes is the best I have ever seen!), but the kit is just mind-blowing in itself. Look like Airfix have not only caught up the Tamiya 1:32 Spitfires, but just sailed on past them.

ok one of the final updates for this topic....we have completed the builds in 2 different clours schemes and have fully finished the weathered...more photos can be added however i think there is enough below please enjoy

DSC_0079_zps57d55622.jpgDSC_0077_zps4f36170c.jpgDSC_0078_zpscff4a5d8.jpgDSC_0082_zpsb6a43ee8.jpgDSC_0081_zps80c5cc1c.jpgDSC_0080_zpse4185a80.jpgDSC_0083_zps56c230b6.jpgDSC_0085_zps56a87035.jpgDSC_0084_zps3d0e89e7.jpgDSC_0086_zps806bd3e3.jpgDSC_0090_zpsb78bed53.jpgDSC_0089_zps64207bc7.jpgDSC_0088_zpsfbd2facb.jpgDSC_0087_zpsea8a3dc0.jpg

• Like 12

OMG they look absolutely fabulous, Can't believe how quick you have done them too. One would have taken me months. Congratulations to you both you must be zonked now, you can let all that caffine escape from your systems !!!

All the best
Chris

As the blue spinner one is mine I was not not so keen...however after commuting and painting it stands out a treat and I am very happy with the sharp colour I got

WOW! They are superb!!! If I ever get to have a go at one of these they'll probably take me about a year or more to build!! It's taken me three weeks just to build the 1/72 version!

• Like 1

Beautiful aircrafts, maybe I will buy one.

But I think you have both made the same mistake, the inner gear doors are not in the good position.

The one you put on the right should be one the left side and the left on the right side.

Easy to fix.

Regards.

Edited by Plm

I looked through these photos with my mouth open. That kit is intimidating, once it's on the shelf (if there's one big enough) you will find all the other models cowering in the corner. I built the old Airfix 1/24 Spitfire, Hurricane and Bf109 back in the day, and although they were good they did not have, for example, detailed interior framework, or seatbelts for that matter. This is absolutely brilliant.