AIRFIX 1/24th TYPHOON picture heavy

Lovely work so far, looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on mine.

How's the injection seat harness stack up against the posable offerings of manufacturers such as Radu Briznan.

To he honest I have never been a fan of etch metal seat belts in the larger scales I just don't find them realistic so used to make my own..however in this case I certainly do like the seat belts very realistic

• Like 1

To he honest I have never been a fan of etch metal seat belts in the larger scales I just don't find them realistic so used to make my own..however in this case I certainly do like the seat belts very realistic

I'm not a fan of etched harnesses as well. I was thinking of the fabric belts which are much better in my opinion.

Probably one side on, one side off.

Am I right in thinking that 'on or off' is a decision made at the outset for this one? What you suggest (which would be my preference too, esp' the shark mouth one) would involve cutting the engine in half I believe. I think the guy on Hyperscale modified it retrospectively, but it wasn't easy.

Loving the build here, thanks very much. This one is probably too much for me, but if I'm feeling flush come Telford.................

Steve.

I wanted to avoid this build as all it's doing is making me want one. Well I'm hooked now, and the two of them are coming along nicely.

I'm normally into the armoured and soft skin vehicle kits but find myself following aircraft builds more often than not on every visit to britmodeller. Keep up the good work, you are obviously feeding off each other and this shows in what you've done so far.

Am I right in thinking that 'on or off' is a decision made at the outset for this one? What you suggest (which would be my preference too, esp' the shark mouth one) would involve cutting the engine in half I believe. I think the guy on Hyperscale modified it retrospectively, but it wasn't easy.

Loving the build here, thanks very much. This one is probably too much for me, but if I'm feeling flush come Telford.................

Steve.

When the chap from Airfix came to Yeovilton he said that the decision how you wanted the kit eg cowles on or off needs to be made before you start.

Rodders

Richard will post pics later but even though you are supposed to decide frrom the outset as to wether the cowls are on or off, the model is that well done that with a very small amount of work they can be made 'take on and offable' to coin a wallaceism .

I was going to do mine with the chin cowl removed but decided late on that it was lacking something at the front and with a small tweek I was able to build the bottom cowl off the model and clip it in place.

Nice! Amazing how much more detail you can get with the larger kits. Did a Revell 1/32 Typhoon like this and it was a lot of work but worth it. At least with this kit some of the work is done for you interior wise.

ok update for today..... lots of progress on fuselage as both have now had them put together and glues.... insides of wings nearly fully complete lot of detail to add to underaccariage bays....started tro work on cowls as mine will be given the option to place with or without and have begun to add hinges to the gun bay covers for added fun when viewing the model just gotta work out the first hinge on the wing.....hopeing to get to a first painting stage tomorrow although all this added detail might delay myself but my father may have his initially painted...gun bays covers are only sat in place for effect

enjoy photos belowDSC_0077_zps300bab10.jpgDSC_0081_zps89e7654c.jpgDSC_0080_zps905613fa.jpgDSC_0078_zps2c5d7bb8.jpgDSC_0082_zps317acdee.jpgDSC_0085_zps71b03120.jpgDSC_0086_zps5dcad0a5.jpgDSC_0087_zps013ee56d.jpgDSC_0090_zps1d874ba2.jpgDSC_0089_zps1627d046.jpgDSC_0094_zps621c5c2d.jpgDSC_0098_zpsd1c4c167.jpgDSC_0104_zpsca9dea5b.jpgDSC_0106_zps3d847406.jpgDSC_0105_zpscd75e462.jpg

• Like 6

These are looking fantastic. Got mine yesterday- was going to build a Spitfire Mkix next- but, boy, I am so tempted to get stuck into my Tiffie.

As regards the canopy- I am going to make my own vacform replacement, using some plastic from food packaging heated- I will use my kit canopy for dimensions when sculpting my master.

The more I see the more I want one ....even though I would probably end up divorced :D

Andy

I got round this by putting my money into a payment club in my local shop- started doing that when I preordered it in February. That way I had it paid off in advance and SWMBO didnt say a word. I saved for it so it was fine, lol.

Wait for her reaction to my doing the same for the 1/32 Lancaster. :whistle:

• Like 2

I'm hoping that I will be able to just leave off an engine panel on one side, the gun bay doors open and possibly open a panel somewhere around the cockpit to show the framing. I will definitely want the 'chin' cowling in place because to me, it doen't look right without it, but I have n't even got my hands on it yet so we shall see.

I'm planning to do mine with one side completely closed up and the other with an engine panel off, the gun bay open and possibly a fuselage panel off in the cockpit area to show the framing. I will definitely want the 'chin' cowling in place because it does not look right to me without it. I will leave the 'sectioned' look to those more skilled and patient than me.

Incredible build by the way, it will take me about 3 months to get to this stage!