AIRFIX 1/24th TYPHOON picture heavy

Great news.

I initially was not going to buy one as I think airfix missed a trick by not making it in the more manageable 1/32 scale (the reason I did not buy the Mosquito). But having seen these builds go so well I think I am going to take the plunge.

Go for it! As has been said elsewhere Airfix have stated that they are going to continue with 1/24 scale as there are already a good number of manufacturers producing kits in 1/32 and feel that as a company they have a niche market (save for Trumpeter) and their big scale kits DO sell.

Admit it - you guys have a time machine and actually spent several months building these beauties, then popped back to post the photos at daily intervals!

Stunning work... :worthy:

Mr Stephens Jnr, and MR.Stephens Snr,

INCREDIBLY Talented .both of you. :wow::clap2:

Both the Typhoons look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING so far , and seeing such MAGNIFICENT work form you both makes one definitely want to have ONE on the stash pile!

I LOVE the PHENOMENAL detailed work on your models and all I can say is that burning the midnight oil to get this iconic Beauty done for OUR pleasure is a credit to you both.. :yahoo:

Thank you Gentlemen for a stupendous build..

Cannot wait to see the end { and seeing you are both forging ahead I will not have to wait for long..}

Thank you for a most rewarding thread to follow..

:heart::wub::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

fascinating and very impressively fast work.

A query, the gun bays, one one it's a brown colour, the other green?

AFAIK they should be aluminium like the rest of the interior, with brown leather on the inside of the bulges of the doors, like this

Typhoon_R8656_257_sq_FM_L_warmwell_1943.

a later shot, again, i think this is leather showing, but a point worth checking.

Typhoon_RCAF_1945_w_concert_party_women.

May I also point out how little paint chipping is visible, and the pale colour at the back of the spinner maybe the remains of the original sky paint.

more colour shots here https://www.flickr.com/search/?w=8270787@N07&q=typhoon

Lots of little details you don't always spot in B/W

hope of interest, and of use to other builders reading this.

fascinating and very impressively fast work.

A query, the gun bays, one one it's a brown colour, the other green?

AFAIK they should be aluminium like the rest of the interior, with brown leather on the inside of the bulges of the doors, like this

Typhoon_R8656_257_sq_FM_L_warmwell_1943.

a later shot, again, i think this is leather showing, but a point worth checking.

Typhoon_RCAF_1945_w_concert_party_women.

Which bits exactly do you mean Troy? I can't make it out from the picture.

BB