GB Chat

Decals going on today, have been scrambling around in the spares box, they are coming from 3 separate sheets, touch and go but we hope to be on the completed list today.

• Like 1

So the GB's finished, and very enjoyable it was too with a high standard of modelling skills AND determination on display, but what happens next........anything? :)

Max

I'm ashamed to say my builds came to nought :weep: - no modelling done for well over a month, too damn busy! Sorry chaps!

Must try harder!

Wez, suitably contrite.

To be fair to yourself Wez if the opportunity isn't there to work on it then the opportunity isn't available to be taken.Don't beat yourself up,it's not due to a lack of will to do things.

I have to agree with Alex, Wes my Henley build came to nothing and my son put me to shame by finishing his Siebel, which is just rubbing it in !

Can you carry the build over into a different GB or just join another GB with something different, lots of future opportunities...

To be fair to yourself Wez if the opportunity isn't there to work on it then the opportunity isn't available to be taken.Don't beat yourself up,it's not due to a lack of will to do things.

Thanks Alex, this always seems to happen to me though.

I have to agree with Alex, Wes my Henley build came to nothing and my son put me to shame by finishing his Siebel, which is just rubbing it in !

Can you carry the build over into a different GB or just join another GB with something different, lots of future opportunities...

Jockney,

Thanks to you too, I think this one will find its way to KUTA VI, it's too far gone to be used in another GB.

Wez

Wez, I'm retired and in theory have all the time in the world on my hands, but reality is different to that! So don't worry about being too busy for modelling - remember it's supposed to be a fun way to relax!! :)

Max

Wez, I'm retired and in theory have all the time in the world on my hands, but reality is different to that! So don't worry about being too busy for modelling - remember it's supposed to be a fun way to relax!! :)

Max

Max,

Actually, that is a lesson I need to learn, if I'm too busy I fret about not getting any modelling time, often if I get a few moments to myself I'm not in the zone so everything I touch turns to :poo-poo:

Also, being a hands-on aircraft engineer means that modelling is not sufficient a distraction from a busy day job! I need to do something completely different!

It is just a hobby, it is meant to be fun! I shouldn't worry but I do... ...time to :chillpill: out!

Wez

Edited by Wez

Hi All.

Firstly , I'd like to apologise for not being here on the last couple days of the GB. A: I was away on a hol and B: I had a work commitment to deal with, immedaitely after my hols, that kept me away bar a couple of brief forays on this site.

Next, I 'd like to thank each and everyone who took part in the GB and for all the marvellous entries. (Voting will be hard work me thinks!) Also a big thank you for supporting the GB because without your interest it wouldn't have happened and also this was the very first one I hosted together with Enzo to whom I'd like to add thanks big time for handling the ending and minding the shop who should be busy now beavering away at sorting out the poll.

Now, I'm going to go through and study the gallery.

Thank You.

must say that was a good .gb well done to the hosts without your time these thongs wouldn't happen so thanks guys

Well said that man, "and so say all of us........"

Hi again all!

I notice from the poll that two members have voted, but there are votes for four entries.

Please remember that you can only vote for one entry. When you have chosen, please vote "My choice is not in this group" in the other two groups.

Could those who have voted for two entries please amend their votes? Ta.

I agree, that was one of the hardest choices that I have made from a group build.

Some excellent and colourful models in the gallery and thanks again to the organisers for making it happen. It was a most enjoyable group build which was very well supported.

Mark