GB Chat

Cool I have just found this GB - I have a 1/72 Planet Models resin kit of the Siai-Marchetti SF-260, used by the Rhodesian AF as a trainer (named the Genet) in red and white - Will get it out and start a thread soon-

:welcome: Wayne

Cool I have just found this GB - I have a 1/72 Planet Models resin kit of the Siai-Marchetti SF-260, used by the Rhodesian AF as a trainer (named the Genet) in red and white - Will get it out and start a thread soon-

Wayne

This 'll be interesting to follow. Always wanted a kit of this type.

Wot's goin' on?!?!? Three weekends in and we already have three entries in the Gallery! I've never known things to be finished so quickly.

:thumbsup:

My Oxford is finished!! Last night infact! Just not had the chance to post pics... until lunch time today hopefully.
  • Like 1

Looking for something to join in with after the Tucano disaster only a couple of hawks(airfix) in the stash and that means the dreaded gloss finish,

but deep in the recesses of the wardrobe I have this mk100,from a couple of years ago as an advanced weapons trainer is it eligible?just like the scheme.

.IT1211-2_zpsfe7aba57.jpg

I'm starting my magister on Thursday at the model club I attend, looking through the Airfile Trainers book I quite like the desert scheme Hawker Audax. Has anyone built or had experience of the A Model Audax, is it worth getting?

but deep in the recesses of the wardrobe I have this mk100,from a couple of years ago as an advanced weapons trainer is it eligible?just like the scheme.

The Hawk 100 is certainly eligible. However I'm afraid not in that scheme. That is a company demonstrator, not used in a training role.

Have you looked at the Canadian or Australian schemes for this aircraft?

The Hawk 100 is certainly eligible. However I'm afraid not in that scheme. That is a company demonstrator, not used in a training role.

Have you looked at the Canadian or Australian schemes for this aircraft?

Thanks for the heads up Enzo,unfortunately the Australian scheme is very similar to the Skyhawk scheme that was my downfall in that group build

being a brush painter it defied all attempts to get it right so I,ll look for another subject(probably with a prop).

After my false start with the Sherdils K-8 Karakorum I've found another interesting (to me) subject, though this time I will seek for the approval of the moderators beforehand :winkgrin:

It's an Iraqi AF MiG-23UB from Art Model: as far as I could ascertain there were no dedicated training units so it could be eligible, however I leave to you the final word!

Regs

Fabio

Her's an interesting one.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Hawker-Siddeley-Gnat/0226354/L/&sid=df9bb439d851c567c23fa62e6f0c52e4

Cop a load of this Gnat. Are the wings Light aircraft Grey? Or are they High Speed Silver?

In that scheme with the red / white definitely light aircraft grey!! I reckon the high shine of the paintwork, lighting and its on show, it gives the impression of silver. I recall that the LAg wings later gave way to the wings being red on top with a white stripe in line with the underwing tank but the underside of the wings were left LAG.

• Like 1

I recall that the LAg wings later gave way to the wings being red on top with a white stripe in line with the underwing tank but the underside of the wings were left LAG.

That's the classic scheme that I remember.

Further research has shown that The Boss built the Aeroclub Gnat in this scheme.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24815-folland-gnat-t1-148-aeroclub/