1/48 Bf109E Eduard

Bullardino

Looks like they are going to release soon their scaled down 109E series, starting from an E-1.

They are promoting it intensively on their facebook account and I llok forward to having one.

I know, it's a boring and over produced subject, but I loved their 1/32, and I am waiting for this one...

Hi,

I am not sure if this was already posted here but quarter-scale Emil is already released...

Here is an review build thread. It's in Czech but pictures say everything...

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=63394

Or you can check Eduard's newsletter...

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/Info...d-2012-02EN.pdf

Rgds

Alexandr

• 7 years later...

Source: https://www.eduard.com/eduard/bf-109e-3-1-48-1-5.html

- ref. 84157 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 - Weekend edition

84157.jpg

1/48 scale Weekend Bf 109E-3 kit, cat. no. 84157 contains Eduard’s plastic parts and decals for
2 colour schemes:

- W.Nr. 1271, flown by Oblt. Helmut Henz, CO of 4./JG 77, Mandal, Norway, September 1940

- W.Nr. 1944, flown by Fw. Ernst Nischik, 6./JG 26, Dortmund, Germany, early 1940.

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/bf-109e-3-1-48-1-5.html

81271190-3124946970853562-85589504488185

V.P.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, occa said:

Anyone checked the accuracy already ?
I mean not nit picking but the shapes and proportions

Already? It's been around long enough that I'm sure plenty of people have. I don't own one myself but I believe it's similar to their first 190's in that if you want to close it all up it's not such an easy build. I don't recall hearing any major inaccuracies when it came out but then my memory isn't that great ;) I'm sure one of the 109 expects can give some more info. I might have picked up this latest boxing if it wasn't for the coming Wingsy kit.

• Like 2

Kit is inaccurate from tip to toe, its their 1/32 kit pantographed to 1/48 with all the omissions translated to smaller scale, firstly its not 1/48, its fuselage and wings are too long/wide, every service panel is wrongly positioned, undercarriage too tall by 4-5mm and leading edge slats way too deep- in short a mess or totally inaccurate Emil.

If one is not interested in Tamiya's second rendition, which is today still the best 1/48 Emil on the market, both Dragon and Wingsy Kits have announced new tooled Emils, personally would not mind Eduard doing another Emil.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 2

Not being an 109 expert, based on many internet opinions, it can be stated that apart from minor anomalies of shape (wide slots, hump behind the cabin) the Eduard 1/48 Emil is significantly oversized.

• Like 2

Looks like a 109E to me so I will buy them, ive built the Tamiya snd Hasegawa “E’s” no issues there except cost. I can get an Emil for $19, cheaper if I go with Sprue’s only. I have plenty of decal sheets and when and the cheapest Tamiya is $27. Well thats just good value to me.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looks like a 109E to me so I will buy them, ive built the Tamiya snd Hasegawa “E’s” no issues there except cost. I can get an Emil for $19, cheaper if I go with Sprue’s only. I have plenty of decal sheets and when and the cheapest Tamiya is $27. Well thats just good value to me.  

Don't forget there's also a family of Emil in design by Wingsy Kits: link

V.P. 

• Like 1

How does the airfix one match up in comparison ? I'm thinking availability here.

Dick 

7 hours ago, LUCIANO007 said:

I think their first Bf-109E was oversized.

Then they reworked and delivered a new kit. Is that also oversized?

Eduard reworked their Gustavs some time ago, Emil was not corrected iirc.

6 hours ago, jenko said:

How does the airfix one match up in comparison ? I'm thinking availability here.

Dick 

Dick

I’ve built both in last few years. 

Away from dimensions and accuracy as I know the Eduard kit is to big but I don’t know about the Airfix one. Both build into nice replicas.

The Eduard Kit is more refined as you might expect in terms of surface detail and general quality of moulding. However as stated above the cowling is pain to fit onto the model closed. I have to be honest I was glad when mine was finished and in the cabinet. 

Airfix is moulded a bit more crudely and could do with some rivets added if that’s your thing. The canopy is very thick and could do with being replaced by a vac form one and the inserts for the guns on the leading edge of the wingS don’t fit very well. Only a bit of filling and sanding there though. Over all I enjoyed the one that I built. 

I also agree with what was said above would go for the Tamiya kit over both of these two. I’ve built that one to. The reworked one. 

It may be worth popping over to the BoB GB forum as I’m sure both will be being there. 

HTH

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/3737749559573297

Adlerangriff 1/48 scale Limited Edition

September 2020 release. Cat. No. 11144

- Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1;3;4;4/B in 1/48 scale.

Focused on aircraft from the of Battle of Britain

- Dual Combo - plastic parts, photo-etched details

and painting masks for two complete models

- Decals for 13 marking options

- Eduard Brassin wheels (2 sets)

- Resin figure of Hptm. Adolf Galland,

CO of III./JG 26 in 1/48 scale

(Simultaneously will be released also the 1/32 scale variant - kit #11107 "Adlerangriff 1/32".

Further information follows soon)

117726100-3737748096240110-5114474868988

V.P.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2021 at 5:24 PM, tank152 said:

That's it then, i'd better cancel my order if the box art is wrong !!! 🤣😂

Even so, the artist manages to make better art than the kit inside the box.😉

Edited by Brettas
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brettas said:

Even so, the artist manages to make better art than the kit inside the box.😉

Yes, well anyone who knows you from various forums knows what you are with your pathetic grudge against Eduard. I was even expecting your usual scrawl of red lines all over that art work. It's funny how you always appear whenever there's a thread or post about any Eduard 109 releases.

• Like 2