Altogether a brilliant build thanks

bill

Er

lost PNVS turret? don't move it's near your left foot

or mine :(

Hope you sort that soon

b

• 2 weeks later...
what colour you using for the rotor blades?

Haven't decided yet - any ideas ? I was thinking same Helo Drab as the fuselage unless the resident BM Apache guru's can advise otherwise..

Haven't decided yet - any ideas ? I was thinking same Helo Drab as the fuselage unless the resident BM Apache guru's can advise otherwise..

The instuctions from the Revell 1/48 says Anticute Grey being a Revell Germany Kit it is calling for #9 in their colour range but my info is out of date as mine says #9 is coal Black. Does anyone have an idea what colour it is?

• 1 month later...

Tail wheel on, much of the detailing on the radar mast done bar the wiring.

Now waiting on some more decals by the very excellent Paul Parkes :)

wdBFl.jpg

4kNCE.jpg

sha5O.jpg

UFTzD.jpg

ixU4o.jpg

Hi Skii - suddenly all is clear! I'd completely missed this and had no idea that you were doing this superb job. :worthy:

I'm in total awe of what you're achieving and your detailed photos will be by far and away the best resource I have to help me with my bodging attempt in 1/72.

Cheers

Cliff

final few shots for now - as you can see I've made a start on the weathering. I'm using the oil-dot method with Mig Abteilung 502 oils, the added bonus of Mig oils is the odourless thinner which is a godsend with a wife and 12 week old son around ;)

This method works best over a matt base coat hence the weathering before decals, but I'm quite pleased with the results so far. Those of you more familiar with this helicopter will note that there are lumps and bumps still missing such as nav lights and HIDAS sensors - all to come shortly :)

fHWay.jpg

NT01r.jpg

RH66J.jpg

Thanks chaps :)

What's the oil-dot method if you don't mind me asking?? Whatever it is it seems to work awfully well! :thumbsup2:

Al

Hi Al

Its very straightforward - make a tiny dot of oil paint with a fine brush, then take a larger thinner soaked brush and blend the oil paint into the surface, best done over a matt surface. I used grey and burned umber oils.

A good visual demonstration here..

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/messa...athering-fading

• 2 weeks later...

Holy £#%*! How have I missed this! What an utterly fantastic piece of work! Beautifully neat scratch-building - terrific stuff!

Congrats on an awesome build that I'll be watching 'til the end now!

Andy