Defiant L7013, PS-U, 246 Squadron, July 1940

Hardly an original subject i know, but nonetheless an interesting one I hope.

19773132792_ed6d8b7897_c.jpgDefiant by jongwinnett, on Flickr

More or less OOB, I'll be using a Yahu instrument panel (just because I can), replacement wheels and Eduard superfabric belts (they do a Defiant specific set). Kit decals, and I will perhaps try again with the camo masks.

Plenty of great reference shots on the IWM site:

large.jpg?action=e&cat=photographs
  • Like 10

The Yahu panel looks lovely

19157730014_b846f5fa2d_c.jpgDefiant by jongwinnett, on Flickr

And doesn't fit :). however, some modelling (removal of the side panels), and two attempts (consigning one panel to the bin) meant it was finally fitted to the thinned down Airifx panel (used to help shape the Yahu to fit). Its pretty, but I shan't bother on the other Defiant in the stash.

19810621901_c17dc52b32_c.jpgModified Yahu panel by jongwinnett, on Flickr

• Like 7

What a start! That i/p looks really nice Jon and I'm glad you sorted the fit issues... watching with interest :popcorn:

I hope your A&E visit was better than mine recently - I stubbed a toe too and after waiting around for ages and seeing two nurse types who both took 'history' ("I've stubbed my toe and would like to know if it's broken or just bruised") the (presumably) senior one said "Oh no, we won't bother with an X-ray as the treatment is the same for a sprain or a break - we just strap the toe to the next one". I could have done that myself. Since when is the treatment the same as a diagnosis? I assume Jnr has his toe strapped up and is now hobbling for sympathy - worked for me :)

• Like 1

What a start! That i/p looks really nice Jon and I'm glad you sorted the fit issues... watching with interest :popcorn:

I hope your A&E visit was better than mine recently - I stubbed a toe too and after waiting around for ages and seeing two nurse types who both took 'history' ("I've stubbed my toe and would like to know if it's broken or just bruised") the (presumably) senior one said "Oh no, we won't bother with an X-ray as the treatment is the same for a sprain or a break - we just strap the toe to the next one". I could have done that myself. Since when is the treatment the same as a diagnosis? I assume Jnr has his toe strapped up and is now hobbling for sympathy - worked for me :)

Spot on. Wee man was very brave, it did look sore!

Elsewhere progress has been fairly rapid, interrupted by a visit to A&E this evening after 06/24 minor stubbed his toe badly enough it looked broken (fortunately it wasn't).

Oof! Poor little fellow!

• Like 1

Off to a good start John... booze on the workbench though? :huh:

I remember when my mother, who was a nurse for many years, told me that they don't fix broken toes or fingers, they just tape them to their neighbour... I thought how primitive! :unsure: But I suppose since it works, it is probably the best way about it.

Hope 06/24 Jr (03/12?) is feeling better this morning... good to see you back at the bench too ^_^

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Great start Jon, thanks for posting a very good selection of photos.

• Like 1

Just a wee dram to help the creative spirit!

One of the finest ways to model! Also, I appears to work for you!!

Some smashing progress and super fast. Nice

Also hope the little fellas toe is holding up OK, brave fella

Rob

Edited by rob85
  • Like 1

Thanks gents, progress today, not fuelled by Uisge Beath (at least not yet :winkgrin:)

19635977558_67ccaa44e4_c.jpgDefiant by jongwinnett, on Flickr

19797811836_381bd985db_c.jpgDefiant by jongwinnett, on Flickr

19833634401_6bf2516f62_c.jpgDefiant by jongwinnett, on Flickr

19804584546_0788343c8f_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

19804580426_c8d7bf713b_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

Replacement wheels are Barracuda (a bit larger than Airfix supply) and replacement barrels are Master, the breach ends need some more detail too.

• Like 9

Good lad! Hate it when they get injured... I am a very calm person but when they start wailing and bleeding I can lose cool, in fact me and the lady swap roles as she is normally the panicer

More very fast progress looking like you will be done tomorrow??

Rob

• Like 1

Great work and progress, Jon. I'll be following your WIP since I'll be also building a Defiant for the BoB GB.

Jaime

• Like 1