Defiant L7013, PS-U, 246 Squadron, July 1940

The eagle eyed will spot I've added the knobs (what are they, buffers of some sort?) to the rear of the gun parts, these could have been made by cutting the guns less closely from the sprue!

Also, I glued the first gun barrel into on of these holes on the breach end, and then couldn't work out why it didn't fit properly!

• Like 1

For this build I've reverted to my ancient stash of Humbrol Enamel, I've used various acrylics so far this year and whilst I love the quick drying, i've sometimes struggled to get a smooth finish, unless it's the Revell aqua's which are usually ok. I don't have a Revell aluminium colour, so used Humbrol Metalcote flat aluminium. Small detail painting like this doesn't cause enough stink to upset the family, spraying might be a different story.

Having said that, the tyres are Revell Aqua Anthracite, my go to paint for "off-black".

Hi Jon, thanks for the info on paints used. I use mainly Gunze acrylics and some Tamiya acrylics. For metallic areas, if relatively extensive, I use Alclad.

The gun turret looks very god :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

The credit should go to the Airfix designers and Master, at present I've added nothing else part from seatbelts. I considered a few embellishments but frankly once painted the kit parts looked good enough to me.

I know Gunze acrylics have a good rep, I shall have to try some.

And Rob, go on, you know you want to. hope the holiday is good.

• Like 2

Very nice indeed Jon B)

Those Master gun barrels are lovely aren't they? I bought several packs but haven't used any yet; I appear to be saving them for my 'perfect' model so they might well outlive me :lol: Sometimes I get the packets out though, and gaze lovingly at them... :wub:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3

The gun turret looks very good with those barrels. Joe

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

The sky underside looks good. I wish you luck with your five builds. I'm now stuck with 7 (will be 8 soon) because I didn't manage to finish my 3 Phantom GB builds in time...

Cheers

Jaime

Kind words gents. Nothing special, primer and paint both from rattle cans, a rare milder evening in this unusually dreich Scottish summer and a last night decision to rush and get it done meant not much thought, no tail masking (oops) and a bit of luck combined to give a decent finish. It helps of course that the base kit is such a clean simple build.

• Like 1