Spitfire Mk I

Evening folks,

well, I finally finished the Spitfire, and I'm really proud of how it's turned out. Nothing too fancy as I didn't want to mess it up. It's the 1/48 Tamiya kit, painted with Humbrol acrylics. I used some photo etch for the first time, the seatbelts and seat armour are from Eduard, and the aerial wire is from my lovely wife's hairbrush. I don't have hair long enough :doh:

Thankyou to Edgar for all the help and advice, and to all for the encoragment received along the way. I'm delivering this to my friend John tomorrow night, to go in the museum at Neatishead. First of many I hope.

DSC03029.jpg

DSC03032.jpg

DSC03020.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03037.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy :)

Edited by brooksy
  • Like 1

Andy: As the others have said, very nice indeed...!! I'll drink a frosty beer (Heineken) to your build...

Toasting Cheers,

ggc

:cheers:

Thankyou so much for all the nice comments folks :blush: I delivered it to John tonight and he was pleased, but then he gave me another 6 kits to work on, two of which are 1/48 Airfix Jags :doh:

Not enough hours in the day!

Cheers for now, and thanks again,

Thankyou so much for all the nice comments folks :blush: I delivered it to John tonight and he was pleased, but then he gave me another 6 kits to work on, two of which are 1/48 Airfix Jags :doh:

Not enough hours in the day!

Cheers for now, and thanks again,

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . .

. . . that means two MORE pitot tubes (unless they're T2s or French Jaguars)!!!!