F4F-3 Wildcat, 1:48 Eduard

Wow!  What an absolutely stunning entry to the forum!  Love the build and love the figures and diorama too. So well painted.  Bravo!  From a fellow modeler from the other side of the world, Cris from Chile. 

PS: there's something about the chubby Wildcat... definitely!

• Thanks 1

Very impressive overal build!  Looking forward to more build of your hand! Have to say that it works inspiring, want to build a Wildcat also now!  Can i ask you were you found the base, or did you build it yourself?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ringo said:

Very impressive overal build!  Looking forward to more build of your hand! Have to say that it works inspiring, want to build a Wildcat also now!  Can i ask you were you found the base, or did you build it yourself?

Thanks for the kind words. The base is a resin cast by a Polish company Eureka XXL (http://www.eurekaxxl.com/resin-bases-48/edb-4801-wwii-usn-aircraft-carrier-deck).

But it's a discontinued product I'm afraid.

Model, figures, dio - everything looks exceptionally well built. The perfect photos make it a pleasure to watch.

• Thanks 1

An impressive first build on this forum.  The Yellow WIngs Wildcat is just finished so well.  The diorama you made to display this Cat is also just superb.  I hope to see more of your builds.  Thanks for sharing it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your kind words and warm welcome - much appreciated. I enjoy discovering beautiful models on this forum and definitely will share my other works with you with great pleasure.

Cheers,

Marcin

Damn- if this is your first RFI post, I shudder to think what your next one is going to look like! Incredible model and figures, and the rubber on those tires looks real! What paint did you use to do them? BTW, welcome to Britmodeller, and keep 'em coming! :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Those pictures are fabulous and they recreate the period brilliantly. The figures and deck are equally as good. Superb modelling, well done 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Damn- if this is your first RFI post, I shudder to think what your next one is going to look like! Incredible model and figures, and the rubber on those tires looks real! What paint did you use to do them? BTW, welcome to Britmodeller, and keep 'em coming! :like:

Thank you Mike, I'm glad you like it 😀. To tell the truth I rarely do figures but from time to time I'd like to exercise a little bit with a regular brush rather than an airbrush.

About tyres - in this case I used a light coat of Mr Color C137 over light grey surfacer, nothing fancy. Here you can have a closer look:

AP1GczNTfb5PzR0EIYHRHlwVaAPTntpSc0zQVSRe

Edited by kelly9mm
  • Like 5

I like that!  A nice tight vignette, but lots of interest and small stories.

Really nice build on the Wildcat .... fantastic work! 👌 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Wow, so much information to take in on your diorama and model. Love the deck planks and detail too👍

Thanks a lot. I really liked toying with the deck 😀.

36 minutes ago, Autle said:

Those pictures are fabulous and they recreate the period brilliantly. The figures and deck are equally as good. Superb modelling, well done 

Thank you for kind words - much appreciated.

23 minutes ago, crobinsonh said:

Gorgeous

Thanks a lot

18 minutes ago, Keeff said:

I like that!  A nice tight vignette, but lots of interest and small stories.

Really nice build on the Wildcat .... fantastic work! 👌 

Keith 😁 

Thank you Keith, it is always extra fun to smuggle some small stories behind a static model 😀.

7 minutes ago, Piotr Sudnik said:

Superb work :clap::clap: 

Świetna robota, gratulacje :)

Thanks a lot!

Dzięki serdeczne Piotrze 😁

Edited by kelly9mm
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, javlin said:

Nice looking build Sir! :worthy:

Copy that, I'll keep trying😁

9 hours ago, Gogser1 said:

Outstanding, that is a quality build and finish. Love the green tail, what colour is that?

Thanks! The colour is basically Mr Color C66 with some slight tone variations.