1/32 - Supermarine "Griffon" Spitfire/Seafire family by DB Model Kits (DBMK) - in design Spitfire FR.Mk.XIV & Seafire F.Mk.XVII

Homebee

New DB Model Kits (DBMK) projects are 1/32nd Supermarine Spitfire FR.Mk.XIV and Seafire F.Mk.XVII.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02WzFv25UaY78nJgUYc8R1MSomu9PsRrCZXbLzuGMhSHfjzxBNwAX4WrdEWZ4Asc1Jl&id=100084846155184

DBMK Model Kits

What is going on here?

(...)That’s not a 47 but yes, 1/32 (...)

(In the image) 

(...) it is two scans in this case (...)

(...) It is a an XIVe on top of a Seafire 17(...)

(...)The XIV will be first.(...)

(...) we have this in hand with factory drawings of the 47 (...)

428122999-356169397221263-67399164071866

Ok, but what about the release from the DBMK 1/48th Supermarine Scimitar kit ? Link

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Supermarine Spitfire FR.Mk.XIV & Seafire F.Mk.XVII by DB Model Kits (DBMK) - in design
3 hours ago, Homebee said:

New DB Model Kits (DBMK) projects are 1/32nd Supermarine Spitfire FR.Mk.XIV and Seafire...

Ok, but what about the release from the DBMK 1/48th Supermarine Scimitar kit ? Link

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Yes, what about the 1:48 Supermarine Scimitar F.1 kit's status? Has it died a death? 

Would appreciate the 1:32 Seafire too, but...

Tony

Edited by tony.t
changed
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Supermarine "Griffon" Spitfire/Seafire family by DB Model Kits (DBMK) - in design Spitfire FR.Mk.XIV & Seafire F.Mk.XVII
53 minutes ago, tony.t said:

Yes, what about the 1:48 Supermarine Scimitar F.1 kit's status? Has it died a death? 

Would appreciate the 1:32 Seafire too, but...

Tony

The Scimitar is coming along. We have had to change designer which has slowed things up. It is next after the F11F

26 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

I sure hope these "in design" kits see the light of day.  Most especially the Scimitar.  

The Sea Fury is in tooling with first test shots scheduled for May.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

found the DBMK website but the order now links don't work. Anyone know how to register an interest in these kits ? Not having a facebook account I guess doesn't help me. A 1/32 Griffen spitfire and seafire (together with the previously advertised hornet and sea fury) would be a certain purchase for me - take my cash please !

thanks

neil 

1 hour ago, npb748r said:

found the DBMK website but the order now links don't work. Anyone know how to register an interest in these kits ? Not having a facebook account I guess doesn't help me. A 1/32 Griffen spitfire and seafire (together with the previously advertised hornet and sea fury) would be a certain purchase for me - take my cash please !

thanks

neil 

The first should be ready at the end of 2025. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, npb748r said:

found the DBMK website but the order now links don't work. Anyone know how to register an interest in these kits ?

Same here, but I couldn't even find links; there isn't a shop link as far as I can see. I recall the Scimitar many moons ago and a Hornet is depicted on the website. Are these limited run and has anyone built any of them?

• Like 1

nice - i have the laminar flow designs (LFD) 3d printed resin conversion kit for the 1/32 tamiya mark VIII/IX (which is gorgeous btw

a new 1/32 spit is always welcome - just thought DBMK other projects would be further along by now - seems to be taking awhile - the longer it is the more worried i get that they'll have problems and we miss out on what looks like fabulous stuff ... ah well here's hoping for the best - at least they're looking at interesting projects 

Edited by Bill Mathews

DBMK are a new company with high quality principles, and they are setting out to create large very detailed kits. The design and print work has been delayed by the war in Ukraine as I understand, but I have every faith the kits will start to arrive if we are patient

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

The Scimitar is coming along. We have had to change designer which has slowed things up. It is next after the F11F

The Sea Fury is in tooling with first test shots scheduled for May.

Thanks for that. I was beginning to think it was all a fantasy venture.

The Scimitar will be very warmly welcomed, because of the subject more than the scale. I'd happily buy it in 1:32, but 1:48 is great as it'll accompany the Airfix Sea Vixen and Buccaneer.

Tony 

On 2/14/2024 at 6:06 PM, triumphfan said:

About time we had a Griffon Spitfire in 1/32. Sure one will be along at some time 😊

While you're waiting for this, you could probably build the Laminar Flow Design Mk.XIV or Mk.XII  conversion for the Tamiya Mk.IX and XVIII.

Either way, a 1/32 Seafire is a major draw for me! :eat:

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 6:06 PM, triumphfan said:

About time we had a Griffon Spitfire in 1/32. Would love to see a 22/24 personally. Sure one will be along at some time 😊

We've had one since the late 1970s, Matchbox (and later Revell) Spitfire F.22/24.

I must admit I'm befuddled with the DBMK schedule of releases.  I won't pretend to understand the industry and get that these are very hard and strange times, but without a kit actually being released how can we judge on what will actually be produced and in the box.

I'm really looking forward to the Scimitar and hope it doesn't get delayed by other projects.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, 71chally said:

We've had one since the late 1970s, Matchbox (and later Revell) Spitfire F.22/24.

Sorry, I should have stipulated, I would love to see a 21st Century tooling of this mark. I have built a couple of the Matchbox kits, one of those was converted to Seafire 47. Enjoyable (apart from the wing root maybe) but very much 'of it's time'.

Also looking forward to a 1/48 Scimitar. FAA is a narrow field of interest to me, one of many narrow fields of interest. 😉

Atb, Steve.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Xdjc2hrc4y6yWAzdMcFNAScv3DSDQRpKiSeCypfxs4otuSYqaQxt52sWWbTbRemAl&id=100084846155184

DBMK Model Kits

Thank you Imperial War Museum Duxford for letting us LiDAR scan your Spitfire Mk 24. Ilya was busy measuring the details that the scan wouldn’t pick up.

430127719-372062648965271-81739428644256

V.P.

• Like 7

On 2/15/2024 at 1:44 PM, Sabrejet said:

So have any been released? I hear a lot of great reviews but have yet to see one in the flesh.

I have had the pleasure of handling both the 3D pattern prototypes of the Scimitar and Sea Hornet. They are very impressive. As a member of our  East Kent Model club we have regular visit from DBMK and he informs us that progress is expected with these products, however getting all the ducks to stay inline has been time consuming. I hope our man doesn't mind me saying this as we obviously all adhere to a modicum of confidentiality with his generous insight to these products. Patience is the key and I know what it's like to see something in the model shop window and they are closed!

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Britman said:

I have had the pleasure of handling both the 3D pattern prototypes of the Scimitar and Sea Hornet. They are very impressive. As a member of our  East Kent Model club we have regular visit from DBMK and he informs us that progress is expected with these products, however getting all the ducks to stay inline has been time consuming. I hope our man doesn't mind me saying this as we obviously all adhere to a modicum of confidentiality with his generous insight to these products. Patience is the key and I know what it's like to see something in the model shop window and they are closed!

Keith 

At least we all have plenty other things in progress or the stash to keep us occupied :D

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0pb4kaTJp4RyD7KsXKSfFqXt9u9nxpEghSpsXc45LWwH9HKUxbE9FrNri7PTiMP48l&id=100084846155184

This is the CAD model of the XIVe overlaid with the scan of the same. We have also scanned a 24, XVII and XVI (high backed) with the intention of doing the XIV as both high and low backed with the E wing and then a late series airframe as well.

433703077-375319435306259-25048323432066

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1