Jaws! Airfix 1/48 Tomahawk IIb 112 Sqn RAF.

A bit later than promised but she is finished! Also waited a day for better light for my average photos.

The final bits for this took me a bit longer than I thought (isn't that always the case?) but I am quite happy with hos she has turned out. After the matt coat was applied I added a bit more in the way of exhaust and gun staining and toned down the wing roundels a bit, aerial wires were added in the same way as my Warhawk. I have put some pictures in the gallery but here are some more, starting with the reason I chose this scheme in the first place, the awesome shark mouth!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A huge thank you to all of you who have popped in on the build and kept me on track and commented or liked my posts, as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

It looks fearsome, doesn’t it?! Beautifully modelled Craig, it looks just right, both inspiration and a great example for my own P-40. Super work.

Thanks Gerard, I really appreciate that mate.

It is a great shark mouth design isn't it, 112 sqn had a few different designs at the time but I think this one is the most fearsome.

• Like 1

She looks superb mate, and I think your photos are better than average ;) The additions of the gunsights is a nice touch, though I think I'll pass on trying to get them on my 1/72 build

James

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 81-er said:

She looks superb mate, and I think your photos are better than average ;) The additions of the gunsights is a nice touch, though I think I'll pass on trying to get them on my 1/72 build

James

Thanks mate, I wouldn't expect you to add the gunsights in 1/72, they are tricky enough in 1/48!

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Cracking looking build Craig.

Thanks Ozzy.👍

3 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

Looks superb! If mine turns out half as good as this one I’ll be seriously chuffed! Great result with the weathering too.
Paul

Thanks Paul, I'm sure yours will turn out really nicely.

• Like 1