Eduard new P40 familiy in a next future (1/48?)

GioCare

In the last Eduard INFO pampleth (August 2023) it's clear a next P40 project is in advance working stage. Only warhawk version or even Hawk81 and Kittyhawk MkI ? This is not clear ... MrSulc told only about they are checking some Warhawk in or around Texas, it's a kind of final check on a work still advanced, so he seems to declare. 

• Like 2

Mr Sulc said this on modelforum.cz (machine translation):

We're going to do the series in turn, starting with the P-40E and going through all the subversions up to the F/L and then back to the P-40B/C and their British variants.

Edited by TheKinksFan
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

We're going to do the series in turn, starting with the P-40E and going through all the subversions up to the F/L and then back to the P-40B/C and their British variants.

They should start with the F/L versions first of all. New tools of those are sorely missing from WWII modelling. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

From this, the conclusion is that they will do B, C, D, E, F and L. The question is, will they also do K, M and N? That would be logical, Eduard likes to do whole families. It's possible that they don't want to reveal everything for now.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2023 at 13:23, TheKinksFan said:

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=40860#p2594502

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=40875#p2594504

No new 1/48th MiG-19 "Farmer" or MiG-23/-27 "Flogger" families. :crying:

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Something for all those who have claimed many times that Eduard has already announced the P-36:

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?p=2594517#p2594517

Já nechávám P-36 otevřenou, patrně se k ni vrátíme, ale s nějakým časovým odstupem.

I'm leaving P-36 open, we'll probably come back to it, but with some time to spare.

• Like 1

I guess everyone has to start with an "E" variant first - Otaki, Revell, Hasegawa, AMT/Italeri.   Would be nice to see them do an M first and go backwards.  But a least there were no Photo recon P-40's so unlike the Spitfire we will see the full family of Curtiss's over the years.    

4 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Up to - i.e. not including.

Why would they mention F/L if they weren't doing them? You cant go up to two versions.I think a little has been lost in translation there.

If we are talking alphabetically, then K comes before L and the Hasegawa short tailed K didn't  stick around long so that we be almost as welcome  as the F/L.

On 04/08/2023 at 18:49, Piotr Mikolajski said:

From this, the conclusion is that they will do B, C, D, E, F and L. The question is, will they also do K, M and N? That would be logical, Eduard likes to do whole families. It's possible that they don't want to reveal everything for now.

Well they haven't done the whole families of Spitfire or 109's yet and those lines have been going a while, but let's hope they get there!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Well they haven't done the whole families of Spitfire or 109's yet and those lines have been going a while, but let's hope they get there!

To be clear: "the whole family" does not mean all versions and "the whole family" usually has "sub-families", which are treated as separate families due to technical differences and so on. In the case of the Bf 109, we have the following breakdown: A-D, E, F-K. For Spitfires we have: early Merlins, late Merlins and Griffons. And in 1/48 they made two families for each aircraft.

Personally, I don't think Eduard will do the Bf 109 A-D. They won't do a full set of Spitfires with Griffons either, rather a few selected versions, if any.

6 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

To be clear: "the whole family" does not mean all versions and "the whole family" usually has "sub-families", which are treated as separate families due to technical differences and so on. In the case of the Bf 109, we have the following breakdown: A-D, E, F-K. For Spitfires we have: early Merlins, late Merlins and Griffons. And in 1/48 they made two families for each aircraft.

Personally, I don't think Eduard will do the Bf 109 A-D. They won't do a full set of Spitfires with Griffons either, rather a few selected versions, if any.

Well the early Merlin Spits have a few gaps, let's hope they get around to them at some point. I'm sure someone will pick up the Griffon Spits soon.

• Like 1

When it comes to WW2 subjects, it strikes me that Eduard goes for the most relevant versions (aka profitable) of the plane, even more so if there’s few or no competition for that specific version.

This seems to fit Mr. Sulcs narrative about keeping the B/C versions of the P-40 for later since the newest p-40 kits in the market  are from these early versions.

I’d love to build an E, M and a K versions from them

21 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Well the early Merlin Spits have a few gaps, let's hope they get around to them at some point.

I suppose Eduard might release some 3D printed parts for the conversion. I don't think they will make up the missing variants in the injection moulded parts.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:28 PM, redracer said:

I guess everyone has to start with an "E" variant first - Otaki, Revell, Hasegawa, AMT/Italeri.   Would be nice to see them do an M first and go backwards.  But a least there were no Photo recon P-40's so unlike the Spitfire we will see the full family of Curtiss's over the years.    

Mauve started with a N 😉

The most numerous P-40 variant was the N so I would be surprised if Eduard don’t produce a kit of this. That would make sense as Special Hobby has been able to do the D thru N (excluding the F/L) using substantially the same set of tools. 

Also of note is that the long-tail P-40K is practically indistinguishable from the P-40M and K’s and M’s were both called Kittyhawk III in British and Commonwealth service.

5 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

Don’t Eduard have the Mauve N Tooling already?

Even if they did, that was last released in 2005 and the moulds date back to the mid 90's and while a fairely good kit, it's not to modern standards so a new one would be welcome as it should be less modular and cheaper than the Hasegawa kit.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/pfbid0NY1z7qzPC7vNdfJn6xHcEToVAWTXYwM46iBKRCDJqz6QDgqaHcKMicrDLMLbhHFMl

Eduard Model Accessories

soreopStnd6234f08u853ihg80ih4uat1f32t408l2cf00iagatm4118l35m  · 

We always try to verify the 3D design for our kits by 3D scanning of real aircraft. Our colleagues would like to thank the team at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum, which is located at a good address: 572 Claire Chennault Dr, Addison, TX 75001. More photos of our work to follow soon!

366722982-817619313492172-15532409990130

364169214-817619520158818-28050320899443

364228744-817619336825503-17894753017870

364191115-817619490158821-55249146217292

V.P.

• Like 4