1/72 Special Hobby Dassault Mirage IIICJ

Hello

Today that is exactly 56 years ago the IDF/AF started what was called the Six Day War. During these days one aircraft type got aerial superiority, and it is the right opportunity to show you my last build with this 1/72 Special Hobby Dassault Mirage IIICJ aka Shahak.

This plane #784 was from No119 Squadron and was famous when his pilot Ran Rosen on November 13, 1966 shot down a Jordanian Hunter after a hard fought air battle. I chose to put a couple of bombs under the belly as a typical interdiction mission. I avoided the Shafrir 1 missiles because they were often discarded due to their poor efficiency. 

The paint is Alclad Duraluminium with some darker aluminium added somewhere to get different shades. It is an easy kit to build and I am looking forward to adding a French Mirage IIIC later as this the subject of the new Special Hobby box.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 69
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VG 33 said:

I am looking forward to adding a French Mirage IIIC later as this the subject of the new Special Hobby box.

I will look forward to that, Patrick :). That SH kit builds up in to a great model. 

Martin

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2023 at 8:18 AM, RidgeRunner said:

I will look forward to that, Patrick :). That SH kit builds up in to a great model. 

Martin

Hi Martin

Thank you. Yes most of recent SH kits are easy to build with many details. Actually these are now steel moulds and we can get many different boxes.

About this Mirage IIICJ the next version should be that with the ATAR9C engine (the same as the Mirage IIIE) as the pieces are already on the sprue. Moreover CMK is already producing these special extension in resin.

ATAR9C exhaust

Back end of the fuselage

CMK resin details

Patrick

1 hour ago, VG 33 said:

Thank you. Yes most of recent SH kits are easy to build with many details. Actually these are now steel moulds and we can get many different boxes.

Nice :)

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:51 PM, SAT69 said:

Great looking model and it's satisfying to know it's not a difficult build.

Thank you very much.

Yes, it is easy to build but I have to confess that if you look at my different builds I overcame some Mach 2 or Valom kits. 😉
Patrick

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 11:05 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Cracking work on this , looks fantastic. I really like the metal finish you've achieved with the variation in tones. Lovely model.

Chris

Thank you Chris

Alclad paint is really easy to work with but sadly the brand is no more produced.

Patrick

• Like 1