The Lynx effect

Airfix Navy Lynx, really enjoyed this build a few years ago, it’s a nicely detailed kit straight from the box and l used Xtra colour enamels for the paint work, there recent re-release has made me want to give it another try but go the whole hog this time with PE and resin extra’s, could be an expensive itch to scratch!!

Lynx

Lynx

Lynx

Lynx

Lynx

• Like 67
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, SirDrinksalot said:

That is awesome, great work!! Does the kit come with the rotor straps? Making me want to buy one now, only a little hint of inside, any chance of a close up of the cab?

Hi SirDrinksalot🤣 

what you see is what you get in the box with the exception of the RBF tags, well detailed interior with lots of options, sorry l don’t have close ups 

should have taken photos during the build. Next time l have my Photo Booth assembled l will try to get a close up shot.

regards

FB

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Beautiful Lynx! How did you tint the overhead canopy? 

Morning WP,

The tint was done with Vallejo transparent blue (938). Thinned and sprayed in light coats on the inside of the canopy, hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 12:21 AM, AdrianMF said:

Can't see any room for resin and PE improvement personally. Looks like the real thing right there!

I agree with Adrian, can’t see how there’s any itch left to scratch :D.  It’s a very fine model.  Like it lots.

That said, the Lynx is an impressive helicopter, and rather gorgeous before they started loading it up with bumps and boxes, and so why not build another!

• Thanks 1

Hi Peter ,
An extraordinarily beautiful model. For me it always takes a bit of getting used to seeing a folded helicopter. But nevertheless, that's how it was. And your model was probably 10 times more complicated to build than in normal condition. Therefore 10 out of 10 points 
Many greetings 
Andy 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Peter ,
An extraordinarily beautiful model. For me it always takes a bit of getting used to seeing a folded helicopter. But nevertheless, that's how it was. And your model was probably 10 times more complicated to build than in normal condition. Therefore 10 out of 10 points 
Many greetings 
Andy 

Thanks for your kind words Andy, but you are being to kind! The kit comes with the option of the rotor fold and tail fold so it’s nothing to do with any skill of mine! It was a bit more fiddly to build and paint but easy enough for the average modeller, if such a person exists.

Thanks again, always good to have your feedback.

regards

Peter.

• 6 months later...