NATO 75 Years GB Chat

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

You're free to choose which ever of the 31 nations and model anything in their inventory post joining the NATO. The flags are there just for decoration, although they also show the order of joining the Alliance (but when several nations founded it, and later several joined on the same date, those nations are in their alphabetical order). V-P

I see, I see...then not to worry please.  I have plenty of most of the NATO group to satisfy the requirements of the GB.  Thank you for the decorative touches (or is that touché)!

39 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I see, I see...then not to worry please.  I have plenty of most of the NATO group to satisfy the requirements of the GB.  Thank you for the decorative touches (or is that touché)!

Definitely touches. Touché will be the removal of 🇹🇷 and 🇭🇺 (flags) if they keep unnecessarily blocking 🇸🇪.

• Like 3

Hello Everyone,

I'm (trying) to get ready for this GB. I plan on contributing a Norwegian F-16A , but.... I'm in search of a pair of Penguin Mk 3 anti shipping missiles in 1/48.

Does anyone know where I can find a pair?

TIA

Moe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CanadaMoe said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm (trying) to get ready for this GB. I plan on contributing a Norwegian F-16A , but.... I'm in search of a pair of Penguin Mk 3 anti shipping missiles in 1/48.

TIA

Moe

According to Scalemates, this is your only bet

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mpm-hobbies-0188-agm-119-penguin-missile-mk-3--1413139

I have used the MPM GBU-15 on a recent build. They were alright. Not brilliant though. Some faint printing lines were visible, but this was an easy fix. Accuracy was not the greatest, but you couldn't mistake it for anything else.

It looks decent enough, though: https://mpmhobbies.com/en-nl/collections/1-48-air-to-ground-missiles/products/1-48-agm-119-penguin-missile-set-of-2

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 6:38 PM, CanadaMoe said:

Hello Everyone,

TIA

Moe

Hello, Moe.

I'm really pleased that you're looking to contribute a Norwegian F-16 to the GB.

Purely by the coincidence of the GB participation sequence, I also got a Norwegian theme. I'm going for an F-5A.

I've never been there, but I've always regarded them as great allies.

With or without Penguins, I'll be happy to see a Norwegian F-16 built here.

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2023 at 16:32, Caerbannog said:

Hmmm.. anything military would include the XB-70 Valkyrie as well? Although it never became operational? If so I might want to add it - or an A-10 Warthog from Desert Storm 🙂

So either will be USAF

Hey I quote myself!  How deep can one fall...

Will choose the A-10 for this GB. So can I be #64/Canada please?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Hey I quote myself!  How deep can one fall...

Will choose the A-10 for this GB. So can I be #64/Canada please?

Very, very sorry for failing to add You to the list a month ago :oops:

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 22:37, desert falcon said:

This maybe?

bX6VGlt.jpg

But I want a 🇩🇪 flag 🙈

NH-90 is good! Regarding the flag... I won't add you to the list until 12 people have come before you, then you'll get the one you want 🙂

V-P

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:50 PM, vppelt68 said:

NH-90 is good! Regarding the flag... I won't add you to the list until 12 people have come before you, then you'll get the one you want 🙂

V-P

Special treatment, I like it :) 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

We currently have 65  participants in this group build. Is this a record? 

I don't think so. It's a good number, but not nearly a record - yet! 😉 V-P

EDIT: Enzo just a week ago posted these numbers in the Twins GB chat. They are not numbers of participants, though, but build threads and gallery postings.

Gallery     Entries    Completions

Matchbox Classic III           227          342         66.37%

Heller:  Classic GB              155           232        66.81%

In The Navy GB                  111          163         68.10%

Airfix: The Golden Years     118          157         75.16%

Battle of Britain GB IV        102          155          65.81%

• Like 1

Dear NATO fans,

It is with a heavy heart that I must advise you that I have looked at my work schedule and other commitments for 2024 and am no longer confident that I am going to be able to take part in this most excellent group build. 

I will definitely be following along and yelling encouragement from the sidelines but think I’m very likely to be stretched too far if I attempt to build anything worthwhile for this.

Leave my name on the list though; you never know…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Leave my name on the list though; you never know…

I believe you can sneak a little build somewhere in between the work and other commitments 😊 V-P

• Haha 1

Leaning towards doing something different from the norm of a fighter jet, so I’m thinking either an 1/48 Special Hobby AH-1S or a Monogram AH-1F. Marking options are limited when it comes to Germany based Cobras but aiming for something from 2ACR for this project.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:56 PM, Bandsaw Steve said:

I might be able to start something I suppose…🤔

Gidday Steve, it doesn't have to be a complex build - something simple like a scratch built 1/100 USS Iowa class battleship c1984 would be more than adequate I should think. But I guess if there's no real challenge for you  .   .   .       😁       Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 2