Jump to content

Zeppelin !


Martian

Recommended Posts

I found the Zeppelin display easily in its place by the competition on Saturday,  where I spied a fully resplendent and blue Martian judging!

 

I have to say Martin the display was indeed a lovely display of extraordinary modelling skill (like Teuchter, the tiny size of many of the zeppelins, gondolas, engines etc. was a real surprise) and the back story in the IPMS magazine brought the human side of the display.

 

It was good to see you albeit briefly, and I hope the trophy cock up on Sunday was resolved without causing you more stress.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beautiful and stunning work on the display Martian. I think you have managed to totally outdo yourself this time(and I didn't think that was even possible). Hmmmmmm T-shirts with "Brockhouse Collection - The UK Tour" Iw ould also suggest little Zeppelin key fobs, Beer coasters.... kit bags.... the possibilities are endless. You've discovered a Gold mine my friend!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And don't forget Programs... "Git yer programs. git yer programs.... can't tell one Brookhouse collection Zeppelin from another without yer program! 25 cents each.... one quarter of a dollar for peace of mind when viewing."

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed, a great time was had by all. The social side of the event is always the highlight for this old grizzled veteran. A valiant effort made by your multi-tentacled effluence/eminence and the ‘Brockhouse Belles’, all-star wrestling team really paid off. I received a communique from cousin Heini that read ‘Generally ze whole shebang vos vonderbar but a distinct lack of young frauleins, scantily clad in black vinyl lederhosen, Maßkrugs of Moorhen’s Shredded Sporran unt Imperial pink Prussian pickelhaubes was most regrettable. Ensure zis does not happen again or honour will be served via cannonette …H’ Later, in the hotel we had trouble keeping him away from the bar and the inevitable altercation with His Majesty’s First Foot & Mouth and resulting carnage left us with a crippling bill that’s been forwarded to the Weimar police department in Berlin. 
 

Good luck with the Bristol show…

  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2023 at 17:36, Martian said:

No private conversations on my threads, just concentrated silliness. No-one could ever accuse either myself or the "Usual Suspects" of taking ourselves too seriously: except perhaps @general melchett who really does believe that he is @general melchett. So feel free to comment whenever you want.

 

Sensible of Mars 👽

 

He's not a General!? Does that also mean I'm not really a Marshal and four times Hero of the Soviet Union? But you are still a Martian, of course. And glad to hear your Zeppelin display was a success! Most men accused of displaying their Zeppelin wind up in a police lineup.

 

Best Regards,

 

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Minor changes.
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I had the pleasure of seeing this fine display ....... perhaps I should say honour, in the flesh, at the weekend. I'm sure the mention of flesh, will bring about some form of rhetoric, knowing most of the subscribers to this particular channel................!

 

The display was magnificent Martian, and a credit to you, and indeed your helpers on the day, and it was great to have a catch up, albeit a quick one, each time I passed by!

 

As was the case last year, your fine Jindivick display on our Target SIG table, brought much positive attention, and I seem to have returned home (once again) with a real Jindivick tailfin, in the back of my car, and of course the little 1/72 drone. I will be in touch using the usual peer to peer network via East hill and the waters behind Studland beach, to arrange it's return, and perhaps sort out the overdue coffee meet at Mr Sweet's house?

 

Well done on that display!

 

T.

Thanks Terry, I was somewhat taken aback by the level of interest there was over the weekend 

5 hours ago, Flying Badger said:

What a great display it was. I kept coming back to it all show to have another look. Just stunning and definitely one of the highlights of the show for me. 

 

Also lovely to chat to chat with you and Mrs Martian, although I did worry about you on the Sunday... you seemed to be coming down with something as your skin was all pink and had lost it's usual healthy blue tone! 🙂 

 

On the drive home I was wondering @Martian ... is there a Zeppelin you want to build but there isn't a kit for? If so do get in touch as I'd be delighted to contribute (CAD and 3D printing is my thing after all!)

 

FB

 

 

 

Cheers Badger. PM inbound.

5 hours ago, perdu said:

Terry I think we were all honoured to enjoy Martian's rather wonderful exhibit at the show.

 

Martian once again it was a pleasure to see you and the supporting cast, thanks.

Thanks Bill, I felt rather humbled by people's reaction to the display.

5 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

I’m gutted I couldn’t get to see this display in person this year. I really don’t think the photos can do it justice. What a fantastic project, and congratulations on putting all together.

Hopefully we get you see the display before too long. We will be on the road again next year.

4 hours ago, Teuchter said:

I was amazed, not only by the whole Zeppelin display, but also how amazingly small and intricate the models are. I don’t think I truly appreciated how tiny the gondolas, propellors and rigging wires are from the photos on the thread. A great piece of work. 
Don

Thanks Don. No chance of the old eye muscles getting lazy working on those things!

4 hours ago, Whofan said:

I found the Zeppelin display easily in its place by the competition on Saturday,  where I spied a fully resplendent and blue Martian judging!

 

I have to say Martin the display was indeed a lovely display of extraordinary modelling skill (like Teuchter, the tiny size of many of the zeppelins, gondolas, engines etc. was a real surprise) and the back story in the IPMS magazine brought the human side of the display.

 

It was good to see you albeit briefly, and I hope the trophy cock up on Sunday was resolved without causing you more stress.

Cheers, the gift voucher part of the trophy was found just in time to avoid the Comp Sec becoming the filling in a Martian and Martian minor sandwich.

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Beautiful and stunning work on the display Martian. I think you have managed to totally outdo yourself this time(and I didn't think that was even possible). Hmmmmmm T-shirts with "Brockhouse Collection - The UK Tour" Iw ould also suggest little Zeppelin key fobs, Beer coasters.... kit bags.... the possibilities are endless. You've discovered a Gold mine my friend!

Thanks Loren, not sure about beer mats but Brockhouse Collection ale.........:hmmm:

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

And don't forget Programs... "Git yer programs. git yer programs.... can't tell one Brookhouse collection Zeppelin from another without yer program! 25 cents each.... one quarter of a dollar for peace of mind when viewing."

That's about 20p in proper money; not worth getting Baldrick out of bed for let alone a distinguished extra-terrestrial. I am probably going to have to write some sort of booklet to go with the collection though.

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Agreed, a great time was had by all. The social side of the event is always the highlight for this old grizzled veteran. A valiant effort made by your multi-tentacled effluence/eminence and the ‘Brockhouse Belles’, all-star wrestling team really paid off. I received a communique from cousin Heini that read ‘Generally ze whole shebang vos vonderbar but a distinct lack of young frauleins, scantily clad in black vinyl lederhosen, Maßkrugs of Moorhen’s Shredded Sporran unt Imperial pink Prussian pickelhaubes was most regrettable. Ensure zis does not happen again or honour will be served via cannonette …H’ Later, in the hotel we had trouble keeping him away from the bar and the inevitable altercation with His Majesty’s First Foot & Mouth and resulting carnage left us with a crippling bill that’s been forwarded to the Weimar police department in Berlin. 
 

Good luck with the Bristol show…

Thanks Melchie. Glad you glossed over the bit where security had to be called to the incident involving the Graf,  the Brockhouse sisters and a giant knockwurst. The Graf had to be rescued from the two ladies and was seen  walking towards the first aid room in a very strange manner indeed! :yikes:

 

 

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

 

He's not a General!? Does that also mean I'm not really a Marshal and four times Hero of the Soviet Union? But you are still a Martian, of course. And glad to hear your Zeppelin display was a success! Most men accused of displaying their Zeppelin wind up in a police lineup.

 

Best Regards,

 

Jason

As indeed the Graf found out to his cost (see above)!

 

 Martian 👽

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gondor44 said:

Does the tour involve travelling North of Hadrian's Wall? The Scottish Nationals will be in a few months, end of April, and I am sure that those who attend would be amazed at it.

 

Gondor

Possibly, that will involve much "persuading"/bribing of Mrs Martian though. Any volunteers to pay that particular bill?

 

None Too Hopeful of Mars 👽

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Martian said:

Possibly, that will involve much "persuading"/bribing of Mrs Martian though. Any volunteers to pay that particular bill?

 

None Too Hopeful of Mars 👽

 

Make a holiday of it. Plenty to see, do and drink in Scotland.

 

Gondor

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gondor44 said:

 

Make a holiday of it. Plenty to see, do and drink in Scotland.

 

Gondor

Mrs Martian is weakening. Would it be possible to have a similar number of tables as the display has outgrown the more usual twelve foot frontage?

 

Martian 👽

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Martian said:

Mrs Martian is weakening. Would it be possible to have a similar number of tables as the display has outgrown the more usual twelve foot frontage?

 

Martian 👽

 

For that you would have to ask the organisers. I think they would be able to accommodate the display in one or other of the two halls we use for the whole weekend.

 

I go there as it's reasonably local for me, in fact it's closer that my comute to work :blink2: I also display with the What-If and Project Cancelled SIG's and have no affiliation with the show organisers.

 

Gondor

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Martian said:

Mrs Martian is weakening. Would it be possible to have a similar number of tables as the display has outgrown the more usual twelve foot frontage?

 

Martian 👽


I’ve not looked in on this thread for a few days and what do I find?  Poor Mrs Martian being threatened with a 12 foot frontage !:analintruder:

 

Then again that might pass for routine in Martian tentacle circles 🤔

 

Edit. Should have read on. Display of course. Silly me. :whistle:

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

STOP PRESS!

 

Just arrived from  our action news reporter's Box Brownie, the highlight/most traumatic part  of Telford for many: the visit of General Graf Heinrich Adolf Hogmanay Zeppelin-Melchett and of course @general melchett. This was prior to the "Knockwurst Incident! as can be seen by the absence of bruises  and the fact that the Graf is still fully clothed.

 

unnamed-1.jpg

 

 

Martian 👽

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JohnT said:


I’ve not looked in on this thread for a few days and what do I find?  Poor Mrs Martian being threatened with a 12 foot frontage !:analintruder:

 

Then again that might pass for routine in Martian tentacle circles 🤔

 

Edit. Should have read on. Display of course. Silly me. :whistle:

Clearly silliness is still alive and well north of Hadrian's Wall!

 

Unsurprised of Mars 👽

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those pictures were taken by Mrs Martian on her phone. A friend took some on a proper camera but I have yet to receive them. In the meantime however, try this linl{

 

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=25066120362978886&set=pcb.6945810038840149

 

Taken by a fellow Zeppelin enthusiast at the show.

 

Helpful of Mars 👽

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Martian said:

Those pictures were taken by Mrs Martian on her phone. A friend took some on a proper camera but I have yet to receive them. In the meantime however, try this linl{

 

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=25066120362978886&set=pcb.6945810038840149

 

Taken by a fellow Zeppelin enthusiast at the show.

 

Helpful of Mars 👽

 

Wonderful images. Thanks very much! What an amazing collection!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JohnT said:

All silliness aside what a wonderful and thought provoking display.  War is indeed a terrible waste of mans ingenuity and young mens lives.  I wish I had seen it in person.

 

Exactly, which is why I was suggesting that he brings the display to the Scottish Nationals.

 

Not everyone manages to go to Telford from Scotland, but most of the Scottish modellers go to Perth.

 

Gondor

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Gondor44 said:

 

Exactly, which is why I was suggesting that he brings the display to the Scottish Nationals.

 

Not everyone manages to go to Telford from Scotland, but most of the Scottish modellers go to Perth.

 

Gondor

We are mulling this one over. The event is attractive, the logistics of getting the display there less so. I am going to sleep on this one for a few days before deciding.

 

Undecided of Mars 👽

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you can tell by the photograph that Martian has actually been arrested for his own good, in accordance with an edict handed to Graf Heinrich by the Intergalactic Council (Mars-Wibble branch) of the Prussian Guards against the gratuitous wearing of inappropriate items of uniform (he had one eye too many and his floppy eye-stalks should stand proudly erect). He will face banishment from the Martian Silly Bu**ers Society. He will, of course appeal (to whom, I'm not certain) and probably be let off with a good slap on the tentacles and a caution. This would normally act as a deterrence but in Martian's case it will probably only lead to more infractions in the future.... 

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

probably be let off with a good slap on the tentacles and a caution

It didn't work on the last fifteen occasions. Is he being slapped with the wrong object perchance? Try something with spikes. 

 

15 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Two Gen Melchetts in the same time space?

It should be noted that one of them is a double barreled (semi smooth bore) imposter dragooned at the last minute from the Bide a wee home for 'resting' lunatics.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...