Zeppelin !

Martian

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I'm not sure if anyone got the 'not moving' thing after the spelling error debacle. Ah well, I tried.

We both did, to no avail apparently.

Oh well...

I've even seen whole isles (they obviously weren't British) in US supermarkets that apparently don't move.

Ian

• Haha 3

Ah, yes, American supermarkets, which are now the size of small countries. There is a supermarket near where I live that I regularly order from online, and they even deliver (What an age we live in!). I refuse to go to the actual brick-and-mortar store as it's approximately the size of Belgium, and I become hopelessly lost about aisle 378.

Regards,

Jason

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

Aisle 379, ladies apparel.

No wonder he never got any further....

Ian

I always thought that was '4th floor, ladies' lingerie.'.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

As long as they're not the Borg, you should should be hokay General. Oh yeah, sure, you bet ya.

I refuse to be assimilated under any circumstances....well, not without a few Shredded Sporrans and Fillet Mignon's down me first. Resistance may be futile, but at least it isn't a dirty word!

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Resistance may be futile, but at least it isn't a dirty word!

Unlike Grommet or flange. Positively loathsome. both of them. Though Antelope is a tinny sort of word.

(You just knew I'd bite, didn't you?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwXJsWHupg&pp=ygUobW9udHkgcHl0aG9uIHdvb2R5IGFuZCB0aW55IHdvcmRzIHNrZXRjaA%3D%3D

• Haha 6

I rather thought antelope was a good woody word. Like intercourse. Or prawn. Grommet is a very, very tinny word, though. Like soffit and champerty. Dreadful tinny words!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, Learstang said:

I always thought that was '4th floor, ladies' lingerie.'.

Regards,

Jason

That's exactly what gave me the thought!

Ian

"going up!"

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Learstang said:

I refuse to go to the actual brick-and-mortar store as it's approximately the size of Belgium, and I become hopelessly lost about aisle 378.

Very sensible, we do something very similar. We get all the basics on line and then get our  meat and veg from a proper butchers and greengrocers. Much less stressful and we can go on foot/tentacle and then pop into the Barking Cat real ale pub that is just down the road when we have finished our shopping and then there's the local independent bookshop to browse in as well. Much more civilised. 

Sorted of Mars 👽

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Unlike Grommet or flange. Positively loathsome. both of them. Though Antelope is a tinny sort of word.

Flange is a nasty one. I always found putrefaction, smear, and squirt rather unsettling. All music to Baldrick's ears of course, describing his culinary skills to a tee (along with phlegm, which is a given). 

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

(You just knew I'd bite, didn't you?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwXJsWHupg&pp=ygUobW9udHkgcHl0aG9uIHdvb2R5IGFuZCB0aW55IHdvcmRzIHNrZXRjaA%3D%3D

You're a biter? For a couple of buckets of Gargleblaster introductions to like minded individuals could be arranged.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Brandy said:

Presumably a moist flange would be even worse!

Ian

Steady on there, we are nearly back to Mrs Martian and her "Moist Gusset" which I think we agreed is about as disgusting as it gets, even if she did cheat and use two words.

Martian 👽

Edit: The Memsahib has just added bulge to her choice of disgusting words.

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

Come to think of it, 'moist' is a rather unsettling word. It sounds like a Russian word. I believe it's the 'oi' diphthong (now diphthong is a rather peculiar word also - sounds like some sort of primitive musical instrument). Now how about 'protuberance' - that one's a bit odd. And 'pulchritude'. For a word that means beauty, it certainly is an ugly word.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Learstang said:

diphthong is a rather peculiar word also

It sounds like an Eastern lady's undergarment!

How about "postulate"?

Especially in the example given here...

"the chapter was then allowed to postulate the bishop of Bath"

Positively indecent!

Ian

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, LorenSharp said:

There is always the "Dangling Participle"

Sounds to me more like someone on the church staff got caught up in the bell ropes.

Now, what can we make of Campanologist?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

Come to think of it, 'moist' is a rather unsettling word. It sounds like a Russian word. I believe it's the 'oi' diphthong (now diphthong is a rather peculiar word

And also rather disturbing as the thong bit calls to mind the only item that @general melchett wears with his regimental gimp mask. 🤮

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

"the chapter was then allowed to postulate the bishop of Bath"

Positively indecent!

Shouldn't that be the Bishop of Bath and Wells? Now there's one character you really do want to avoid!

8 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

That's one of them there "learned" fellers that study ancient camping sites. Especially the ones that worshipped "Marshmellons"

Marshmellons? but they're so sweet. Sorry, I meant marshmallows; as you were.

Martian 👽

• Haha 6