Zeppelin !

Martian

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Martian would have to sell Sarah Jane's anti gravity drive unit to afford that lot!

Sell part of Sarah-Jane? Never! Over your dead body Pete. :fight:

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Lovely job Martian, a loofah with attachments for those 'awkward places'. What's not to like.

While Martian's collection of Teutonic gasbag sundries is impressive he has some way to go to beat this fella....

British fan of German Zeppelins set to sell his 15 TON collection of airship memorabilia worth £1m...

Getting that lot to and from shows might be a problem.

3 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

And I can hear Mrs. Martian now..... "NO. You're NOT (add proper expletives here) buying that collection. You have enough models in your stash the way it is.

I'm thinking that the loft beams might not quite take fifteen tons of Zeppelin and I'm already banned from the loft after my escapade of falling through the loft floor.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

sell Sarah Jane's anti gravity drive unit 

Sell SJ's AGD!!! .ARE YOU MAD (don't answer that)).......He would rather sell one of the Martianess's vital organs than resort to that.

A little more progress on my contribution to the cause.

Everything's now attached, how long it stays that way is anyone's guess...tiny PE has a tendency to ping off into the ether, any chance it gets.  I've added a few items just to give some sense of scale.......it's a tiddler.

AGD-3692-001.jpg

The kit's engine cars decided to make friends with our old friend, the Carpet Monster and went AWOL for the duration, until, naturally, I no longer need them so were replaced with home-made versions. They're only 3mm long so losing them was only a matter of time once released from the confines of the runner frame. Fitting the PE structures was a bit fiddly but when you've been building and rigging 1/700th ships for some while, nothing to get too excited about.

AGD-3693-001.jpg

Front gondola

AGD-3686-002.jpg

The anti-aircraft guns are miniscule, even under the magnifier. I have some 1/700th figures to add here which should provide some visual interest....if you can even see them.:doh:

AGD-3688-002.jpg

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 17

4 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Sell SJ's AGD!!! .ARE YOU MAD (don't answer that)).......He would rather sell one of the Martianess's vital organs than resort to that.

A little more progress on my contribution to the cause.

Everything's now attached, how long it stays that way is anyone's guess...tiny PE has a tendency to ping off into the ether, any chance it gets.  I've added a few items just to give some sense of scale.......it's a tiddler.

AGD-3692-001.jpg

The kit's engine cars decided to make friends with our old friend, the Carpet Monster and went AWOL for the duration, until, naturally, I no longer need them so were replaced with home-made versions which I feel are a bit more accurate than the kit 'blobs'. They're only 3mm long so losing them was only a matter of time once released from the confines of the runner frame. Fitting the PE structures was a bit fiddly but when you've been building and rigging 1/700th ships for some while, nothing to get too excited about.

AGD-3693-001.jpg

Front gondola

AGD-3686-002.jpg

The anti-aircraft guns are miniscule, even under the magnifier. I have some 1/700th figures to add here which should provide some visual interest....if you can even see them.:doh:

AGD-3688-002.jpg

Excellent progress General.

Impressed of Mars 👽

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Even my natural astonishment muscle is astonished by the escapades of the Lincoln-Lot but taking time to enjoy the actual models helps bring me back to earth.

Bloooooming lovely fellows (alien fellows included) and I am learning again from you laddies.

The Martian gets a really good write up in the IPMS magazine which landed yesterday, looking forward to seeing the Martian stand on Saturday week sir.

And please consider joining the Old Lags Meeting on Saturday afternoon

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

And please consider joining the Old Lags Meeting on Saturday afternoon

I'll drag him kicking and screaming Bill....oh hang on, he doesn't need to be dragged anywhere, he'll be on the Alienmobile so we'll just point him in the general direction and let him loose. Drugged maybe but never dragged. There are so many meetings now to meet up with that I've lost count of whether I'll be coming or going...nothing new there.:frantic: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

41 minutes ago, perdu said:

astonished by the escapades of the Lincoln-Lot

I must say these do sound far more riotous than the recent escapades of the Norwich-Lot. A sedentary bunch by comparison I would say, although had we found the Adam & Eve to be open (remember that bit Bill?), things may have got worse.......... 🍺

Looking forward to seeing Zeppelins, Martians, Generals and many others at said Old Lags gathering on Saturday afternoon.

Terry

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, perdu said:

The Martian gets a really good write up in the IPMS magazine which landed yesterday, looking forward to seeing the Martian stand on Saturday week sir.

He should do as the editor asked me to write the article; even I'm not quite that stupid as to give myself bad press.

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

There are so many meetings now to meet up with that I've lost count of whether I'll be coming or going...nothing new there.:frantic: 

Don't worry Melchie, Lady Melchett assures me that no-one will notice the difference.

Reassuring of Mars 👽

• Haha 9

I must say these do sound far more riotous than the recent escapades of the Norwich-Lot. A sedentary bunch by comparison I would say,

There's something in the air around here, Terry, and I don't mean the fallout from one of Baldrick's plum duffs . I put it down to the effects of spent jet fuel that permeate the locale, although, in fairness, they have started using a 'sustainable aviation fuel blend' that certainly tastes different (minty with a hint of Armageddon). At the moment, we have those pesky Frenchies and their teeth rattlingly noisy Rafales overhead on a daily basis, and when it's not them, it's either the Reds, unceremoniously dumping copious amounts of coloured dye over the mems washing line, willy nilly (at least it's patriotic), or Typhoons/F-35s deliberately throttling up over MT, shaking the foundations, and upsetting Darling's chair-stacking and napkin-folding practice. Honestly, you move to an area expecting a bit of peace and quiet, and this happens....OK, we've been here 25 years and should know better, but that's beside the point; we're all a bit of bonkeroony around here, as Martian will no doubt attest.

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

we're all a bit of bonkeroony around here, as Martian will no doubt attest.

Actually, it all seemed rather sensible compared to life at Martian Towers, although the wibble factor did spike when the resident raspberry blower got carried away, running through the district blowing some of his "finest", resulting in the entire population of Much-Snivelling-In-The-Swamp needing counseling for extreme PTSD.

Martian 👽

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Martian said:

running through the district blowing some of his "finest"

Not guilty M'lud. I was fully employed at Melchett towers drying out the dungeons after the moat leaked in.

And then refurbishing the thick sheets of sound deadening in the 'jungle room' as it's called.

I wasn't allowed to see what was in there, and had to wear a blindfold. Which tended to make the job a little tricky.

I think I stapled Baldrick to the wall at one point.

• Haha 9

Oh well, we've all stapled Baldrick to something or another by this point. Not to worry, Pete old fellow. But I say old durian, I do envy all the flightly goings-on over MT! The best I can manage here at Pig Haven (as christened by my parents decades ago) is a few T-38s from time to time. I did hear a Robinson R-22 come putt-putting over a few days ago. You could almost hear the spring unwinding in its clockwork mechanism.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 8

On 11/2/2023 at 5:38 PM, perdu said:

I thought we did ok in the Wig and Pen Terry.

Compared to these goings on Bill .......................

19 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Can we staple Baldrick to a Robinson? They're regulars at the Airfield down the road.

......................... we behaved like perfect gentlemen I'd say!

I just hope everyone is ok for the big T next week!

Terry

• Haha 8

And then refurbishing the thick sheets of sound deadening in the 'jungle room' as it's called.

Those sheets of 'sound deadening' were actually rubber matting for the walls and ceiling. The Jungle Room is a form of themed Panic Room where the clan can gather in times of tension, and panic safely around the old camp fire (Baldrick's in charge of the petrol).

But I say old durian, I do envy all the flightly goings-on over MT! The best I can manage here at Pig Haven (as christened by my parents decades ago) is a few T-38s from time to time. I did hear a Robinson R-22 come putt-putting over a few days ago. You could almost hear the spring unwinding in its clockwork mechanism.

Pig Haven...now that conjures up a pretty picture. To be honest, my dear marshal, it's quiet compared to the 'good old days' back when I first serenaded the mem with bottles of Watney's Red Barrel, a box of Quality Street, and flowers/stalks nicked from the local cemetery. Back then, there was a seemingly endless parade of Vulcans coming and going from Waddington and Scampton, Lightnings from Binbrook, F-4s from Coningsby, etc. We took it all for granted back then. We do have Cobra Warrior to look forward to a couple of times a year, along with a few NATO deployments hosted at Waddo. Airseeker activity has changed since we almost lost one out over the Baltic. We also get a few choppers, mostly Apaches and Wocka Wockas. 

Hey! Can we staple Baldrick to a Robinson?

Those things are quite dangerous enough without the need to add Baldrick to the equation......now Darling is another matter, what with his propensity towards rearranging stationary supplies.

• Haha 8

15 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

staple Baldrick to a Robinson?

There's more than a hint of irony in that comment and I suspect Tony won't notice anyway, being stapled to himself!

Ian

• Haha 6

I hear that W H Smith are thinking of opening a new shop in Lincoln.

I let slip this info to Darling, and he immediately fell into a highly agitated state of excitement and expectancy, almost feverish. I thought it prudent to douse him with a bucket of cold water and keep him away from sharp knives, pencil sharpeners, and staple guns for now.

• Haha 8

LZ.85 crossed the finishing line this week and I can now report on the result of my cunning plan to avoid damage to the skegs on both the Snowman and Takom kits. My experiment seems to have been a success. What I did was this: I painted and rigged the rudders separately and left the tail fins off the model until the very end of the project. The rudders elevators and flying surfaces were fitted and rigged, one at a time reducing the possibility of damage. I have decided to use this method on my Takom Q Class, although it is necessary to open out the recesses for the flying surfaces somewhat as the fit of them is too tight. the plastic hinges for the rudders and elevators have been cut away and replaced with 0.5mm brass rod and a hole very carefully drilled in the underside of the skegs to accept the new hinges. The model itself will be the L.21, shot down off Lowestoft on 28th November 1916 and often confused with the SL.11, shot down on 3rd September 1916 at Cuffley.

Thanks for looking and more pictures in RFI.

Martian 👽

280.jpg

• Like 10

Another wonderful Zeppelin! I read your article in the IPMS magazine, looks like a great display. Sadly I won't be seeing it in the flesh next weekend but I will raise a tea cup to you all in a North-Westerly direction from That London.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautifully done, Martian—yet another to add to the party. We have guests arriving from Sweden tomorrow, so sadly, I won't have my Spotted Cow finished in time for next weekend as we have made plans, this coming week. I put this firmly in Darling's lap, as he seems to have made a complete pig's dinner of the calendar.  As things progress, I'll keep updating on the wee beasty and hope to add it to the collection at some point soon. I've managed to prime and apply the first coat of MRP Doped Linen on so at least a start has been made. I might be able to squeeze a few 0.7mm Aizu tapes around the Teutonic loofah before the Vikings descend on us...:viking:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Beautifully done, Martian—yet another to add to the party. We have guests arriving from Sweden tomorrow, so sadly, I won't have my Spotted Cow finished in time for next weekend as we have made plans, this coming week. I put this firmly in Darling's lap, as he seems to have made a complete pig's dinner of the calendar.  As things progress, I'll keep updating on the wee beasty and hope to add it to the collection at some point soon. I've managed to prime and apply the first coat of MRP Doped Linen on so at least a start has been made. I might be able to squeeze a few 0.7mm Aizu tapes around the Teutonic loofah before the Vikings descend on us...:viking:

As long as they're not the Borg, you should should be hokay General. Oh yeah, sure, you bet ya.:doh:

• Haha 5