"As you can see he has too many..."

TonyOD

Noticed a lady selling a 1/32 scale B-17 on Facebook. I wonder if her significant other is even aware she's selling his kits..?

spacer.png

(I'm off to buy a padlock...)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 4

44 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Must be a divorce or widow

I thought that might be the case Dennis, but there's a pic on her FB profile of a young woman with her soon-to-be-one-kit-poorer beau... 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I thought that might be the case Dennis, but there's a pic on her FB profile of a young woman with her soon-to-be-one-kit-poorer beau... 

Oh dear, This won't end well for someone.

I wonder how many handbags or pairs of shoes she owns?

Perhaps someone should tell her?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I have bought more kits in the last two weeks than are on that shelf.

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

15 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Hang on... I counted 7 in that picture? 7 ‘too many’?

...um...?!?

Be fair, that is only the 1/32 scale shelf, we haven't seen the shelves for 1/48, 1/72, 1/35 etc.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Oh dear, This won't end well for someone.

I wonder how many handbags or pairs of shoes she owns?

Perhaps someone should tell her?

There are cheaper alternatives like a divorce....

• Like 1

I predict a listing of handbags and woman's shoes in the not too distant future followed by another for an unfortunate pet "free to a good home"!

Mrs B recently put a 1/48 Hobby Boss Su-30MKK onto our website (where it promptly sold) thinking I'd forgotten to. Thankfully I hadn't put the aftermarket decals and stuff that I'd bought to go with it in the box or the customer would have had a very happy buying experience!! I now make sure I hide any stock that is going to be used for "advertising purposes" lol.

Duncan B

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

A friend of mine once bought at seven-piece Pearl Export drum kit complete with cymbals, double-braced hardware, throne and Hardcase drum cases for sixty quid from a woman on Faceache.  He twigged that there must be something funny going on when he turned up to collect it an hour later just as her husband arrived home and went absolutely postal; apparently she'd told him to get it out of their living room, he'd refused and didn't believe her when she said she was going to put it up for sale.

My friend didn't get the kit but did get to witness a full-on domestic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

A friend of mine once bought at seven-piece Pearl Export drum kit complete with cymbals, double-braced hardware, throne and Hardcase drum cases for sixty quid from a woman on Faceache.  He twigged that there must be something funny going on when he turned up to collect it an hour later just as her husband arrived home and went absolutely postal; apparently she'd told him to get it out of their living room, he'd refused and didn't believe her when she said she was going to put it up for sale.

My friend didn't get the kit but did get to witness a full-on domestic.

Not laughing at your friend, laughing at the numpty that didn't believe his wife. If SWMBO says do it, I do it lest I feel the wrath. 

• Like 3

Just now, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Not laughing at your friend, laughing at the numpty that didn't believe his wife. If SWMBO says do it, I do it lest I feel the wrath. 

I have to confess I laughed at my friend, as getting a kit like that for sixty quid was never going to be real.  Six hundred quid would have been an absolute bargain, but sixty?  Nah.

• Like 1

My wife sold my George Michael wig on eBay. Still haven’t forgiven her.

Edited by TonyOD
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

This thread is not exactly encouraging me to reconsider my single status.

To be fair though, those 7 x 1/32 kits must have cost an eye-watering amount of money. Why, for that outlay, I could have filled half a wardrobe with lots of relatively inexpensive kits. Wait, did I say I could have? 😏

• Haha 4

On 18/05/2021 at 15:37, Vince1159 said:

There are cheaper alternatives like a divorce....

Oh Vince .....

there speaks the innocence of the never divorced guy. 
:D

long may it continue 

• Haha 4