1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - F-4EJ in 12/2021 & 01/2022

Homebee

6 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Gave in Sunday, bought a vanilla Kai, from UK shop, arrived this morning. :wow:so much better than Hasegawa. The intakes, the exhausts, the cockpit, even the large instruction sheet that understands I am going to add the breakable bits at the end.

Chris 

I got my "early Vietnam" boxing from HLJ on Monday.  The detail... the instructions,... just wow.  I built a Hasegawa F-4E a few years ago, never again.  I hope the FM decals are thin enough, because they look great and there are a lot of them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Three RF-4EJ scale three view drawings are now available for download here.

Here's an example:

spacer.png

The kit has been shipped to shops for release today.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 7

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4EJ & E released
Posted (edited)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/finemolds.co.jp/photos/pcb.3871071836340458/3871071173007191/

- ref. FP43S - McDD F-4J Phantom II - US NAVY - VF-114 "Aardvark" - release August 2021

- ref. FP46S - McDD F-4C Phantom II - Air National Guard - 171st FIS - release August 2021

- ref. FP47S - McDD F-4D Phantom II - USAF - 4th TFW "First MiG Ace" - release September 2021

- ref. 72843 - McDD F-4J Phantom II - US Marines - VMFAT-101 "Marlins" - release September 2021

210412063203550994.jpg

10774924b.jpg

Schemes: https://www.facebook.com/finemolds.co.jp/posts/3950646681716306

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 14

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4EJ & E released - F-4C/D/J in August & September 2021

In addition to the new variants, my interpretation of the flyer is that the initial F-4EJ / F-4EJkai boxings, plus the USAF F-4E, will be getting another production run in June.

Supported by the stock state at HLJ changing from Discontinued to Back Ordered.

Jonathan.

Edited by Stilwell
Edited for typo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Violet Club said:

I hope that the F4B will also follow and why not a F4H (the first Phantom 2)

Nice idea but not enough markings options for the F4H - unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Gene K said:

as well as the TWO Weapons Sets in  August:

For some reason, some of the artwork for set FP45 (the bomb set) show it as including a centreline pylon, some do not.

Set FP44 (the missile set) show the centreline pylon with the SUU-16 gun pod. Not sure if they are moulded separately of together, but it should't be too difficult to separate them if the latter.

Given that the 1:72 Hasegawa kits don't include the centreline or wing outboard pylons (the drop-tank pylons differ from the stores pylons, and stay with the tanks when jettisoned), I took the liberty of ordering some of Fine Molds sets to broaden the options for both my Fine Molds and Hasegawa kit collections.

Jonathan.

• Like 2

I am curious about the accuracy of the MK-15 tail units for the MK-82 Snakeyes. No kit manufactuer got them molded correctly so far. And those AAMs would be a good addition if the fins are molded not as thick as Hasegawa did back in the day.

B/r

Michael

7 hours ago, Stilwell said:

Supported by the stock state at HLJ changing from Discontinued to Back Ordered.

I bought the RF-4EJ just a few days ago, went from back ordered to in my private warehouse in 2 days so supply would not seem to be a problem.

Steve.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, ttyng0904 said:

They are also restocking the earlier releases.  Looking to get the F-14A and the F-4EJ.

I wonder if the F-4EJ first kit comes with the missiles or empty pylons?  During the launch it was shown to have the missiles included.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD (R)F-4C/D/J/E/EJ Phantom II by Finemolds - (R)F-4C/D/E/EJ & J released - F-4EJ in 12/2021 & 01/2022