Revell Halifax -Coastal Command.

stevej60

Hi all,starting to motor on now with this one,masked off and sprayed the dark sea gray on the upper surfaces so once dry I will mask off

those surfaces and apply the top coats of white and then I can think of a suitable "green" for the top camoflage as looking at various

builds of Coastal Command aircraft seen to show a large variation from gray green to almost olive shades.

DSCN0034%20640x480_zpsdwt868q7.jpg

DSCN0035%20640x480_zpssdfud3p4.jpg

• Like 6

That`s coming on nicely Steve,...the colour that you need for the disruptive camouflage pattern is Dark Slate Grey.

Cheers

Tony

Thank's Tony,I need to pop in and get one or two colours tomorrow I'll see what,s available.

Morning folks,will be popping into LMS on my way to work for paint for the Halifax I got a little more of the Lancaster done the main

changes were the many windows that needed filling for this airframe,I got the kit given off my eldest as he had done two Airfix

Lanc's and could'nt face a third build so the kit came with the remnant's of the "ton up" decal sheet so hoping to finish her as the

Spirit of Russia so here she is as of now.

DSCN0049%20640x480_zpsugpgpred.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all,top colour's almost there I need one more thin coat on the darker gray then the whole lot needs to be completely masked for final

coats of white,it,s been many years since I brush painted an ares this size but I,m quite happy with her progress.Thanks for popping in.

DSCN0084%20640x480_zpsh6lwklji.jpg

DSCN0085%20640x480_zpsdd9yftt1.jpg

• Like 17

That, Steve, is looking splendid... Did I miss something, what is the lanc doing here?

Rob

Thank,s Rob,my eldest gave me a Revell Lancaster as he had built a couple of Airfix ones and must have been sick to death of black

paint,so I started it with the Halifax due to the colours being the same for spraying then due to my stupidity I mixed up the intakes on the

Halifax and had to go down the white and gray route!

Edited by stevej60

That looks really good Steve!

Great job on the camouflage, very effective. Dangerously inspirational as well, especially with Telford just around the corner! Can't see me leaving without either this or the new Mk.III.

Craig.

Buy some masking tape Craig and plenty of it! seriously though for the price you get a lot for your money.

• Like 1

Morning folk,s tails painted and popped on for a dry fit so they will come off now till the end of the build.Started work masking the

finished upper camoflage ready for the top coats of white which I think I,ll invest in a rattle can of white to spray.

DSCN0102%20640x480_zps8v43wioz.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

Hi folk,s a whole hour masking after adding the U/C doors etc and I have primed her ready for the final coat,s of white which I,m thinking

rattle can.once done I can get the wings permanently fixed and head for the finish line.

DSCN0116%20640x480_zpsjhcrkacf.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Steve. I'm beginning to think we should call it Stevej60's Britmodeller!! I'd forgotten about you having this one on the go as well! Looking very nice it is too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1