Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

the only thing that i can think that Mr Flat is for is to illustrate the scale of the ship to the pilot, kind of like they do with infographics on the news or in the papers where they show say a pic of the latest aircraft carrier(or anything else large) and the show X number of buses on the flight deck or a statue of liberty stood next to it.

Edited by andygif290368
  • Like 1

I use a six foot silhouette figure in my sign designs for a scale reference- without him a 4'x6' & 6'x8' Church Signs look to be about the same with one costing more.

I like the idea of having a figure for the display, I just wish they would have made him 3D like the early ones so he can be useful as well. Maybe Bandai is trying to create a need for a 1:72 ground crew and support equipment package to be sold separately

:Tasty:

Just back from Hong Kong and picked up the TIE Interceptor for $150 HKD and the small Poe's X-Wing and First Order TIE Fighter set for $48 HKD and $52 HKD respectively. If you want any pictures let me know.

Robert

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen a post on FB showing the new Rogue One kits from Bandai, Death Trooper, Scarf Stormtrooper, K-2S0, X-Wing set (1:72 & 1:144), TIE Striker and U-Wing😀😀😀😀😀😀.

There is also a a picture of a 1:6 Stormtrooper with a date of 2016/12 against it and a cost of ¥7020, about £55.  

I can can hear my wallet screaming!!

edit: the U-Wing is 1:144 and a double set with a 1:144 TIE Striker, the TIE Striker is also in 1:72 due Feb 2017.

• Like 4

It looks like the TIE/U-Wing set also comes with a couple of Imperial hovertanks. Hopefully we'll see one of those, and the U-Wing in 1/72.

I don't know if the Death Star photo on the end is just a promotional image or indicative of a future release. It would make a pretty cool model going by the surface detail they put on the box scale Star Destroyer.

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the Pics Stan, was going to do it when I got to my laptop fired up, phone and Photobucket don't get on!!!

Andy, missed the Death Star, hope that is coming as a kit but not 'Box Scale' 1:200,000 would make it about 600m in diameter!

• Like 1

These look fantastic as always. I wonder if 1/6th storm trooper is the start of a new set Bandai are producing. 

As as much as I'd love to see a Death Star model I'd be happy if they were to produce more of the surface sections that come with some of the models. 

Has as any else heard anymore on the rumours of the Gonk droid and mouse droid rumours? I've tried looking but I've not found anything

1 hour ago, Madmonk said:

Thanks for posting the Pics Stan, was going to do it when I got to my laptop fired up, phone and Photobucket don't get on!!!

Andy, missed the Death Star, hope that is coming as a kit but not 'Box Scale' 1:200,000 would make it about 600m in diameter!

I guessed that Warren Thought you may have been rushing out to work .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samuelmcguire said:

29855518661_9ee54c39af_z.jpg

I see a round dish, a pointed nose and the word "new"...so what is it? The long awaited 1/72 scale one? Could also be a ESB 32" version of the the existing 1/144 kit. My Japaneses is a bit rusty, so can't read more...:-(

• 2 weeks later...