Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

Erm... that's a bit large! Compensating for something? :lol:

its defensive armament for a weapon the size of a small moon, and you think the cannons are compensating!!!! :mental:

Got my A-wing in the post today....

Now lets just say I'm a little underwelmed by the Laser cannon tower, Ok so it was never going to be 1/72 scale but jeez that thing is tiny!

[works out to be 1:480 if my maff's is korekt]

Yes, it's small but, since it amounts to essentially a free gift with the kit, I think it makes a nice addition. I tend to think of it like the box scale SD. Not designed to go with anything in particular, just a nice display piece in its own right.

This is still in the base coat, with no detail painting yet, but you can see the level of detail that Bandai have put into it

27734314325_9ab607a193_b.jpg

My A-Wing arrived with the outer packaging seriously crushed (Hermes delivery) thankfully the bandai box is in one piece. Not had a chance to examine the kit

The joys of Hermes delivery! They once threw a parcel of mine over a full height garden gate and left it in the rain. Glad to hear the contents were not harmed with yours.

Clone troopers look awesome, ill have a few of each type, the customising/painting options are just too good to ignore. I hope Bandai make the Droideka too.

I'm really looking forward to the Clones. I was never that taken with the Flash Gordon-esque fin on the helmet of the phase 1, but I love the phase 2 troopers, especially as there are so many possible colour schemes for them. Shame you don't get the Kama and pauldron to make an ARC trooper though.

Andy

• Like 2

Flash gordon hahaaa! I prefer the phase 2 troopers too, i do like the phase 1's i get the Jango Fett look to them and i think the evolution of the troopers is ok. But my first thought was to put a red Roman mohawk on one and the nose area looks more like a sad face :(

Arc Trooper would look great, i guess Bandai have to draw the line somewhere. For example i would love to see each TFA trooper come with heavy artillery vest, pauldron, a heavy gun and a detachable survival backpack as accessories in each trooper box. Maybe in the future they would offer an add on box of goodies for all stormtroopers ever made in one box. But then i would prefer it if they put their resources into more figures, or a Star Destroyer, we can always have fun trying to scratch build some accesories and who knows other companies might make some add ons.

That Laser tower is amazing! I wonder if Bandai are planning to make kit figures with faces too, i hope so.

• Like 1

I've just place a small order for a couple of kits from Darren and service has been very good, the only thing to consider is that his prices don't include shipping which is invoiced separately, unfortunately this then makes his prices on par with others out there. Still need to see what happens with customs!

Mine did Warren.

I only bought the A-wing off of him, but using the new site, paid the ¥2,000 or whatever it was (about £15) and got a shipping notice on the 6th of this month.

It's in English too... has the Trade Federation removed the blockade that's stopping us getting decent SW kits in Europe now? :pray:

Speaking of Hermes and their penchant for smooshing Shane's boxes from Japan:Cool, you should have seen the mess my Millennium Falcon was in after they'd played football with it at the depot (my local courier is good, I must add). The fact that there was nothing broken inside is a testament to their packaging however :)

• Like 1

I was waiting for the cockpit at least (actually I was hoping a transparent canopy so that I could paint the metal parts and have the x-wing looks decent), that's even better. Where can it be found?

13260151_10209209255244258_757980882426813450098_10209209254804247_4057998604946

Released for the Small Bandai kits

Darren at [email protected] has sourced these from supplier in Japan

He has not added to web site yet so if your interested email so he can decide how many to order.

http://tokyomodeldetective.com

I've sent an e-mail 2 days ago with no reply yet

A friend went to Japan for the weekend. He picked up the R2/BB8 combo, both of the tiny mecha cole X-Wings, and the A-Wing for me. Oh, and a case of Tamiya AS-20!

The tamiya as-20, is that paint in a spray can? If so then your friend might have problems bringing that back home for you as it's a prohibited item as the contents of the can are flammable.

Well that's the first clone troopers pre order balanced paid off. Good job to was running out of star wars kits to build.

• Like 1