1/72 Folland Gnat F.1 / HAL Ajeet by MPM Prod./Special Hobby

172flogger

Figure I'll do it up in natural metal as a gear-up desktop model, since I likely won't have the guts to cobble together the mythical all-white Icelandic Coast Guard shipbuster version with Exocets.

Was that prior to the mid-life update with Blue Parrot radar, LRMTS and canard foreplanes?

Was that prior to the mid-life update with Blue Parrot radar, LRMTS and canard foreplanes?

I think you might be letting fantasy run away with you there - he probably means the 'hooked and blown carrier version with Red Tops....

At last I can do our beloved XK740 justice , even if bonked me on the head when I was dusting down our Vampy...wonder if they'll throw in the inebriated pilot.

xk740.jpg

Courtesy of one of our visitors...

T11.jpg

Anil The Diligent Duster

• Like 1

xk740.jpg

Rather, ah, unimpressive surface-preparation and paint on the nose area, there, and what seems a mishmash of raised and engraved panel lines. And the red in your roundel's too dark. Oh, and your nosewheel hubs could use a black wash.

Frankly, it looks like Stan Ogden built it on Hilda's kitchen table. But I am glad to know someone actually makes a kit of it in that scale!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983726-folland-gnat-f1-in-172-first-sprues/?p=2019206

I have had the possibility to scan the first spurs of the new Gnat fighter. No doubt these are the best I have seen from MPM/Special Hobby - absolutely amazing! Difficult to resist but still no instructions, decals, clear parts - so I have to wait.

gnat_1_zpstczpkvb0.jpg

gnat_2_zpsvnjbdlqi.jpg

gnat_4_zps3qqrdwbc.jpg

gnat_3_zpslvw5nn2p.jpg

V.P.

Certainly looks like it. In fact, it looks like all nose configurations are accounted for:

• the pre-production rounded nose, which could also be used on the Airfix T.1 to make the pre-production two-seater
  • the reconnaissance nose, as fitted on two Finnish Gnats
  • the pointed nose with the ranging radar
  • the Indian variation of the radar nose with the aerial beneath

They have really thought about this. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

from their facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/photos/np.1435930238908424.100002583046053/889399247821607/?type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me_page

/EN/ We apologize to all our customers and buisness partners for editioning delay of model SH72137 GNAT which is expected for a long time. The reason of the delay is technical problem in producing of decals. This model will be available from 20th of July. Thank you for understanding
Your Team Special Hobby/ MPM Production

11539232_889399247821607_907774813130699

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Before we start painting our Gnats red, can anyone remember what the real ones looked like? Trying to distinguish between Arctic Blue and Nordic Blue , to say nothing of Baltic Blue and Electric Blue, would puzzle a lexicographer.

So that's three RAF ones I'm going to have to get, the one shown above, a camouflaged one and also XK740 (again) in its pseudo Red Arrows colour scheme (early 70s?)

Incidentally when they are released if someone has a spare RAF nose I'd like one to model the Trainer prototype thanks

I got mine. This seems to be very detailed, nice kit! Lot of small parts for such a little plane - hopefully they'll fit.

And even "Kreivi von Rosen" is pronounced right in the decals ;)

Cheers,

AaCee