Roy Cross "Spitfire IX"

galfa

No, it is not just you.

There's something "magic" in Roy Cross art. Every time I see one of the new red boxes I wonder why Airfix does not keep using the old ones.

Or maybe is just me. . .

• Like 1

There's something "magic" in Roy Cross art. Every time I see one of the new red boxes I wonder why Airfix does not keep using the old ones.

Maybe the difference between a painter with brushes and an illustrator with a 3D program and Photoshop? ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I come from Germany. I don't know how to post photos here, but I have taken photos from several of my airfix catalogues including the one you are searching for. The are not good as original Roy Cross art prints, but not bad at all. I think you could use them as desktop wallpapers (image size between 2 and 4 mb each). I will post them, whenn get managed to post them here. Cheers

Haha and hello. Thanks for hanging me on my first post here. As I said they are from several Catalogues and most of them are originally Roy Cross arts. But only in catalogue print quality. That's all. I let or leave them as original as I can. Catalogues are from the seventies, some eighties and nineties (with some 70' cross motives in a better print quality) Swastikas on those things were forbidden here since 1979 or so. But I'm not keen on that, or I don't bother on that, if they are on it or not.

P.S. : Please apologize for my high school english and the fact that I don't understand all the colloquial or slang english.

• Like 1

P.S. : Please apologize for my high school english and the fact that I don't understand all the colloquial or slang english.

Hi and welcome

and no need to apologise for your English as its better than mine and the guys on here :-)

• Like 1

Hi and welcome

and no need to apologise for your English as its better than mine and the guys on here :-)

Thank you for your welcome. Danke schön. GrĂ¼ĂŸe aus Deutschland. I just have to look, how it works here. It is like to create an account to modellboard in Germany (A very good site for modellers). This time in english. LG

Edited by bbudde

I would have thought it was OK, not like Roy or Airfix are going to lose sales by you having it as your wallpaper.

Roys images are all over the internet anyway aren't they, or box lids.

1) I totally agree, and if you reproduce the covers with Aifix's logo they get adds for free.

2) As I said, I hate to be a match spoiler, but having done some publishing myself (totally different field), I have had to accept even the most ridiculous problems with copyright. OK, if it is OK for the moderators her. But the advice I always got said: Be careful!

But it is true that there are so many examples on the net that you could say that it is OK.