Jump to content

P.o Prune

Members
  • Content Count

    166
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

43 Good

About P.o Prune

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday 11/27/1956

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Denmark
  • Interests
    Model aircfrafts, Spitfire, History (Battle of Britain) Photography.

Recent Profile Visitors

545 profile views
  1. Thanks. Then it's going to be the TR.9D
  2. Thanks... I'm building a Spitfire Mk.II (Battle of Britain)
  3. No wonder I couldn't find a picture. Thanks a million... Now I just need to find out which was the most used one.
  4. Hi... I'm back... Been away for far too long... :-( I understand that the Spitfire Mk.II was equipped with either a T.R 9D, or a T.R. 113 Wireless. Does anyone know which one was the most common, and although I have managed to get my little greedy hands on a beautiful picture of the T.R. 9D, I would be eternally grateful if any of you guys out there could supply me with a picture of the T.R. 113 Thanks in advance.
  5. I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this. I'm looking for the cad drawings/plans for the 303 Browning machinegun (Spitfire mount) I have tried to google it, but so far have had no luck. Does anyone know where I can get/buy them? Thanks in advance.
  6. There's a discussion in another forum whether it was possible for the pilot to fire cannons and guns simultanously, or did he have to make a choice which to fire? When I look at old photos of the firing button the button is worn on the top or the bottom suggesting that the pilot had to choose. If he could fire all at once, how was the mechanism set up?
  7. This may not be the right place to post this question, so feel free to move it to where ever it's appropriate. I have just stumbled over somthing that puzzled me. While looking at photographs of the B-24D's During operation "Tidal Wave" (the low level attack against Romanian oil fields in Ploesti ) I noticed that although the B-24 were using the USAAF insignia on wings and fuselage, the insignia on the vertical stabilizers were British (red white and blue) Can anyone help with an explanation? It's the only place I've noticed this, so I'm a bit curious. Thanks in adva
  8. Trust me, I was very tempted to do just that. But in the end I figured that I would get a more precise frame by repairing the broken one. That being said, I intend to go buy some balsa just in case...
  9. Just to make matters worse the top of the frame broke too... This hasn't been my lukiest of days Using araldite (is that what you call it too?) I glued the two parts together and clamped them. Then I installed the frame in the support and clamped them down too while the frame dried. All well and dry, and it looks, and more importently, feels quite solid. And then I got struck by a flash of genious... I was going to strengthen the frame to make sure no further disaster was going to surprise me. At work we have stirring pins (too cheap to buy teaspoons)
  10. @Fozzy: I have thought about buying some balsa and make a brand new frame. But I'm worried that the cut-outs for the longerons won't match the other frames. I've tried doing something else.. Will post a new update soon. @Army_Air_Force: I did use a round sanding drum to shape the inside of the frame (former) As for the cut-out I used a scalpel, maybe I should have used the mini drill.
  11. You have no idea how right you are... ;-) Turned out that the toothpick and my patience wasn't enough. The bloddy thing broke... So it was back to the drawingboard, or rather the workbench. It was quite a breathtaking job to drill out the broken toothpick. I was afraid that the drille would "slide" and go out through the side. Using something a little more sturdy (like a 1 m/m nail I was pretty confident that things would hold. I swear that this frame #5 has given my quite a large number of new grey hairs. It was like e
  12. Frame #5 from the previous picture getting the extension. A toothpick, a 1 m/m drill and a lot of patience. And finally a touch of glue.
  13. Frame #9 glued in place and supported: (Don't worry, I'm not posting a picture of every frame I attach ) But it shows the process pretty well. Frames #10 & #9 glued and the rest dry fitted. Frame #6 (the most forward frame in the picture gave me a slight headache. The top vertical "beam" is supposed to be the support for the cockpit floor of the R/c model and I had my doubts whether to cut it off or not. Not quite knowing what the effect it would have on the build. Well, I ended up modifying frame #6 like I had the others and when I dry f
×
×
  • Create New...