he 219 the small one

hello,

this is dragon's 1/72 he-219. built out of the box with only a pe set for the cockpit and scratched ladder and opened up cockpit canopy. overall a joy to build but it i filled both engine nacelles and compartment aft of the cockpit with lead to keep it from sitting on its tail.

thanks for looking,

jw

DSC_0272_1024x681_zps8ef8aa5c.jpg

DSC_0270_1024x681_zps4b419a0e.jpg

DSC_0267_1024x716_zps7be9b3c2.jpg

DSC_0263_1024x654_zps0a971439.jpg

DSC_0258_1024x665_zpsb1644410.jpg

DSC_0255_1024x649_zpsb1f980a6.jpg

DSC_0261_1024x681_zps83f3e070.jpg

DSC_0259_1024x646_zps358154a5.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for the kind words!!

@nigel, those arials came with the kit. They are photo etched and were part of a small pe fret that was included in the box. This was a golden wings series kit. The camo was spayed on with a mask that i cut out from a scaled down tamiya paint guide.

Jw

@nigel, those arials came with the kit. They are photo etched and were part of a small pe fret that was included in the box. This was a golden wings series kit. The camo was spayed on with a mask that i cut out from a scaled down tamiya paint guide.

They don't look like PE, fooled me into thinking they were round in section - very effective.

I guessed it was a mask of some sort, do you have any photos of WIP, that would be most instructive.

Very very smart, also really heartened by hearing how well it builds out of the box, hope for mine yet. I'll be rapt if I can come up to this std or even somewhere close.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

One of my favourite Luftwaffe aeroplanes and you did a splendid job on it! I once had this kit, but it's sadly long-gone. I suppose I'll have to try and find another now.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

That's a great model. It's also a model which would have absolutely zero chance of surviving a build without having every single antenna snapped off and eventually lost around me!! Great job.

• Like 1