Revell (Matchbox) Hawker Fury Mk.I 1/72

Tomoshenko

Oh wow! That is simply gorgeous! If I could achieve a finish and build of anywhere of this quality even on my 1/32 Montex Fury, I'd be happy! A stunning build with stunning attention to detail. Just shows how these lovely old Matchbox kits can be scrubbed up....with lashings of Jedi modelling skills of course!

I've got about 8 Matchbox Siskins in the stash, whith one currently on the go. Personally, I think it's just as nice a kit as the Fury. But that's just my opinion. One thing is for sure, those RAF inter war subjects are probably the most interesting and colourful aircraft in the RAF's history. 

Once again, superb job! :thumbsup:

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, 71chally said:

Funny you mention the Siskin earlier, your build inspired me to get my Matchbox one out the other day.  I was all fired up to start building the diminutive beauty but then the rigging issue, and my severe limitations therein kicked in!  I will build it one day, when I get to have a good clear run at it.

I've chickened out of rigging my Heyford for not far off 20 years. If Tomo's bringing this beauty to Telford I for one will make sure I visit the Birmingham IPMS stand.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tis a thing of beauty! Seeing what you have done with a 45 year-old kit makes me wonder why I still follow this hobby and why I even attempt to build kits. What you have done is beyond just kit-building. It is truly art! And you, Sir, are an Artiste!

Chris

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the wonderful comments gents. I'm very grateful.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, limeypilot said:

Wow, excellent job!

I'm almost tempted to add some inter-war machines to my stash...must resist must resist ........

Ian

Don't!

Besides your builds are the business and I'd like to see you give the Aifix Bulldog a good going over.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, fightersweep said:

Oh wow! That is simply gorgeous! If I could achieve a finish and build of anywhere of this quality even on my 1/32 Montex Fury, I'd be happy! A stunning build with stunning attention to detail. Just shows how these lovely old Matchbox kits can be scrubbed up....with lashings of Jedi modelling skills of course!

I've got about 8 Matchbox Siskins in the stash, whith one currently on the go. Personally, I think it's just as nice a kit as the Fury. But that's just my opinion. One thing is for sure, those RAF inter war subjects are probably the most interesting and colourful aircraft in the RAF's history. 

Once again, superb job! :thumbsup:

Get a Siskin on the go.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, massimo said:

It's fantastic!!!

That rigging would make me crazy!!!

Well done!!!

It helps if you're already as daft as a brush like me...

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, JosephLalor said:

I've chickened out of rigging my Heyford for not far off 20 years. If Tomo's bringing this beauty to Telford I for one will make sure I visit the Birmingham IPMS stand.

You're welcome.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:52 PM, dogsbody said:

Tis a thing of beauty! Seeing what you have done with a 45 year-old kit makes me wonder why I still follow this hobby and why I even attempt to build kits. What you have done is beyond just kit-building. It is truly art! And you, Sir, are an Artiste!

Chris

Thank you but it's all about having fun at the end of the day, it's a hobby after all.

Anyroad gents, thanks for following and adding your encouragement and compliments. It is appreciated. I know I don't get round top responding to every comment, or posting on your builds (I do pop by though from time to time, honest). Well I've got the RFI sorted which is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035538-revell-matchbox-hawker-fury-mki-172/ Thanks for looking and see you on my Dambuster build...if I can find it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Well, I didn't follow the build as it's not my theme - big mistake. Having seen the model in real life it was a definite requirement to see 'How He Did That' and I've now used up most of today's 'likes', probably.

Well worth it though - lots of techniques to produce a superb model Tomo - as Anil said (several times), one of the best models on BM. Stunning job.

Won't be missing another of your builds, too many lessons to be learnt!

(Good to see you at SMW too :) )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1