This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

On 4/14/2018 at 8:54 AM, Bandsaw Steve said:

If you go back far enough through this thread you will see that I have actually planned ahead with this moment in mind - remember me buying these from the nice young haberdashery assistant?

And cutting a series of slots in the casemate so the stanchions would have somewhere to live?

And even checking that they would fit in place before sticking the hull together?

Yes

Yes

Yes

On 4/14/2018 at 8:54 AM, Bandsaw Steve said:

Well, now's the time that all of that preparation paid dividends.  Basically I just slipped each stanchion through it's little bung-hole until the point of the needle poked out on the underside of the model. Then I stuck some two-part epoxy on it...

well, I was waiting for the 'I must have put them in a safe place'  excuse and the return trip to meet the nice little haberdashery assistant again.

Sticky-uppy bits are looking good

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Those needles are a very useful tip Steve.

Don't you mean 'those needles are a sharp tip' ?

:door:

Hendie,

I’ve had an idea. 💡 How about each time you think of a ‘joke’ you PM it to me. I’ll read it and let you know what I think, and perhaps provide feedback on how it can be improved. Then, once we have sorted out the best material and polished it up a bit you can post it, with confidence, for viewing by the greater Britmodeller public.

I think this might be the best way forward in your case. 🤔

Always here to help mate! 👍

Bandsaw Steve