My first ever figure. She is barely dressed

Shar2

Fancied a complete change of genre and saw Waynes Elf figure so bought several different types. This one is my very first, certainly not the last. Have learned a lot, but can see some faults which I may rectify later.

Meet Alice.

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

Certainly a change of scenery.

How closely have you looked for any faults ?:)

Pretty closely :D There is something theraputic about painting this sort of figure.

That certainly is a stunning model! It wasn't 'till the last photo I worked out it was a syringe in her left hand.

May I ask who produces and sells the kit?

That certainly is a stunning model! It wasn't 'till the last photo I worked out it was a syringe in her left hand.

May I ask who produces and sells the kit?

Thanks. I got the kit off Ebay by a company called Resinplus. HERE other models I bought recently from Pullall5rivers who do a wide selection.

She must get terribly cold in that outfit... I'd be asking for injections all the time if all the nurses looked and dressed like that though. :)

Oh yeah, wouldn't that be something, although the heart rate monitor wouldn't be able to take the fluctuations. :D

I will admit to having had some personal inspiration from my girlfriend as to why I got this kit. :whistle:

Fancied a complete change of genre and saw Waynes Elf figure so bought several different types. This one is my very first, certainly not the last. Have learned a lot, but can see some faults which I may rectify later.

I'm so glad you didn't say touch up ............... :rolleyes:

How was the quality of the recast good? Whether its China or Thai its a bit of a lottery.

It's from Thailand and the quality was superb. It's quite a hard resin, but had no imperfections at all, well, until I broke a point off her hair. I had to fill the joint between her torso and bottom as the fit wasn't brilliant, but that wasn't really a problem and the resin/filler sanded really easily.

Great paintjob...although she does seem a tad overdressed... :rolleyes:

Thanks Paul. I used Humbrol enamel for the red items and artists acrylics for the body, hair and face, (with a brush), which was then sprayed with Aclad satin varnish whilst the PVC items were sprayed with Alclad gloss.

Well... they do say that "Nurses make it better...".. :)

Lovely little model. And well finished too!

Kev

She's not that little at about 10" long, 1/6 scale. Hmmm! just right for Action Man or the figures from Dragon.

I had to fill the joint between her torso and bottom as the fit wasn't brilliant, but that wasn't really a problem .

Just an excuse then Dave?

If you have the full size reference material, can you send me a copy please?

I'd love a walk-around of that. LOL Nice model though.

Chris.

I had to fill the joint between her torso and bottom as the fit wasn't brilliant, but that wasn't really a problem and the resin/filler sanded really easily.

And that, m'Lud, is the case for the defence.

Edited by GordonD

Just an excuse then Dave?

If you have the full size reference material, can you send me a copy please?

I'd love a walk-around of that. LOL Nice model though.

Chris.

Cheers Chris. I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate having walk-around photos of her being bandied about. :D:bouncy: It'd be a case of :hanging: for me.