RAF Tucano 1/32

Hi everybody, I am new here. I am from Chile and I would like to share with you my projet. Afterwords I also would like to ask for some help.

Well, As the tittle says, I am building a Short Tucano, as this one

RAF TUCANO

I started some time ago (2008) so there is something advanced, but the help I need is of pictures of the landing gear and the wheel bays, I haven´t find pictures of that. If there is somebody here who works with the plane, flies it, etc. who could send some pictures I would be very grateful.

3Well here are the pictures

The fuselage is divided in 3 and each part in halves

Tail

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

10.jpg

nose

12.jpg

15.jpg

and cockpit

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Here a test fit

22.jpg

23.jpg

Edited by gato

The seats are paragon MK10, I think they use MK8 but was the nearest model I found in 1/32

Of course I made them some modificatios

DSC05333.jpg

DSC05332.jpg

The canopy was made of 3 parts, an inside frame, th transparent vacuformed plastic and an external frame made also with vacuformed styrene, and cut it to the correct shape

the detonation cord is made of 5mm styrene rod (is not finished yet)

DSC05338.jpg

DSC05337.jpg

DSC05340.jpg

another test fit

DSC05345.jpg

DSC05342.jpg

and a general picture whit the diferent parts

DSC05348.jpg

And that is all for now.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome

Sorry if I made language mistakes

Brilliant progress. Loved seeing your build over on ARC and glad to see it here too. Definitely one of my favoured build threads as I will be watching your progress and techniques for a future 1/24 scratchbuilt Hawk build I'm planning.

Always in awe of scratchbuilders :clap2:,.....I struggle to put together off the shelf kits.

Superb build of an under kitted aircraft, keep it coming!

JakeEaton, Darius at Home, MarkSH and Mike, thanks for your words. I will be posting my progress. The only problem is that I am not very fast, so the updates aren´t so often.

See you.

• 2 weeks later...
JakeEaton, Darius at Home, MarkSH and Mike, thanks for your words. I will be posting my progress. The only problem is that I am not very fast, so the updates aren´t so often.

See you.

Hello Gato,

Beautiful work there- May I ask, where did you get the plans? I'd like to do a 1/32 tucano myself, yet have had little luck finding some. Keep up the good work!!

Cheers,

Lee

Thanks guys for the comments I really apreciate them.

Skii, your work with the B2 is really impressive, I am following your building since the first post.

Lawnguylander, I don´t have plans, just a 3 view drawing from the internet and scaled up to 1/32 in a photocopy machine, very rustic way..... if it is useful I could send you the initial drawing

Vickers McFunbus, thank you very much for the offer I will have it in mind.

I am now working on the first wing.......geting closer to work on the wheel wells so again if there is anybody who have pictures of them.......please...... :undecided:

Thanks everybody again for your kind words.

Superb work mate, absolutely superb!!! :analintruder:

Is that putty you're using?

Yes Murdo it is a 2 part putty, used mostly in car repairs. Very easy to use but not so good to scribe panel lines, so my idea is to make a "palstic skin" to all the plane with 3 mm plasticard (vacuforming each part) that is why I made it in halves.

thanks for looking

See you

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, here again but with not very good news. I finished the 2 wings with the same "procedure" of the fuselage. But when I glued the plastic "skin" (not vacuformed) all the imperfections appeared. I am not very glad with the results so tonight I will think if I make them again, this time completely in plastic. The problem is that I will need a software for making the wing ribs.

Well, here are the pictures, I don´t think you will notice my problem.

DSC05504.jpg

DSC05507.jpg

Here I cut the wheel wells in the plastic (this is the underside)

DSC05509.jpg

The idea was to make a hole in the upside of the wing and introduce the wheel wells, after put some putty and finished gluing the skin

DSC05508.jpg

DSC05511.jpg

See you next time

Edited by gato

Hello all, here again but with not very good news. I finished the 2 wings with the same "procedure" of the fuselage. But when I glued the plastic "skin" (not vacuformed) all the imperfections appeared. I am not very glad with the results so tonight I will think if I make them again, this time completely in plastic. The problem is that I will need a software for making the wing ribs.

Well, here are the pictures, I don´t think you will notice my problem.

DSC05504.jpg

DSC05507.jpg

Here I cut the wheel wells in the plastic (this is the underside)

DSC05509.jpg

The idea was to make a hole in the upside of the wing and introduce the wheel wells, after put some putty and finished gluing the skin

DSC05508.jpg

DSC05511.jpg

See you next time

I wish I could do scratchbuilding to your excellent standard.

Very well done on an impressive model.

Thank you for sharing it.

Kind regards,

Rob

Thanks to everybody for the encouragement.

I was making some tests over the surface of the fuselage and I realised that maybe I won´t need to make the plastic skin (vacuformed) the scribing seems to work ok. So that will save me a lot of time, and I will be able to use the wings shown some days ago.

More pictures soon!!!!!!

Bye