*TWO* new 1/72 kits from Eduard in 2025

komoras

The current 1/72 Eduard Fw190s have several shape issues and really deserve a re-make.  Otherwise, the 1/48th new moulds are very well done , and they should be down-scaled to get the ultimate 1/72 Fw190A

3 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

As Šulc has said they won't release their P-40s in 1/72, because of Special Hobby kits, I don't think Eduard will want to compete with their partners. 

Eduard's design is based on a CAD design from Special Hobby. On top of that, Special Hobby itself has not said that there will not be further versions of the P-40. They are missing A, B and C to complete the set - perhaps they are developed already or they will be developed by SH, or perhaps Eduard will develop them and hand them over to Special Hobby. The two companies work too closely together for Eduard to even plan to step into SH territory.

3 hours ago, Jirka Bures said:

Vladimír Šulc from Eduard asked modellers on the Czech Modelforum which of the existing digitized 1/48 Eduard models they would like to convert to 1/72 scale.

BTW Spitfire & P-51D is now under design.

If you want to add your opinion, vote in the online form, I will keep posting the results of the voting.

By the way, on the Czech forum, the most requested are currently the first Spitfires, Tempest and the completely redesigned FW 190A.

Some time ago they made an accurate kit of such well known helicopter as Mi-24D based on Zvezda's 1/48 plastic. Which simply doesn't exist in 1/72 as a complete kit apart from some second-hand antiques. I hope they would release this Hind in 1/72 somewhen.

31 minutes ago, Yasa said:

Some time ago they made an accurate kit of such well known helicopter as Mi-24D based on Zvezda's 1/48 plastic. Which simply doesn't exist in 1/72 as a complete kit apart from some second-hand antiques. I hope they would release this Hind in 1/72 somewhen.

No, they didn't do that. They simply reboxed Zvezda's excellent 1/72 Mi-24 (which is still widely available) and added some resin conversion parts.

4 minutes ago, drake122 said:

No, they didn't do that. They simply reboxed Zvezda's excellent 1/72 Mi-24 (which is still widely available) and added some resin conversion parts.

There's no even such reboxing in 1/72 now. To build the D variant you have to get at least two separate kits (HobbyBoss and Italeri or its reboxing by some other company) or two kits and aftermarket ATGMs (Zvezda, Italeri and Eduard's Falanga for example). Despite the D was widely produced and exported across the world.

4 hours ago, LansVVS said:

But he did not specify which ones he was talking about, I hope it will be A-1_A-4

Probably whole family of short-nosed: A, F and G. But still, old moulds are still OK, so I wouldn't expect this kit next year.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Duplicate removed

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Probably whole family of short-nosed: A, F and G. But still, old moulds are still OK, so I wouldn't expect this kit next year.

As I understand it, we are talking about 2025+ 

Short nose Fw-190 especially F and G, it's like a dream)))

2 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

But still, old moulds are still OK

The first boxing of the 1/72 Fw 190 was an A-8 in 2015. That’s hardly old in kit terms. The only newer kit is the 2016 Zvezda snap-together Fw 190A-4.

More recently, of course, we’ve had the IBG Fw 190Ds but that’s a different aircraft, altogether.

The only certainty will be that whatever Eduard releases will delight some and disappoint others.

A new 1/72 MiG-21Bis would be welcome, but a WW2 type it isn't and I suspect that's where the really big bucks lie. So a WW2 type is a reasonable guess.

3 hours ago, LansVVS said:

As I understand it, we are talking about 2025+

Looking at the models that are being prepared at the moment, that are in development and the whole list of promises (because I won't call them announcements), it's rather closer to 2030.

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

The first boxing of the 1/72 Fw 190 was an A-8 in 2015. That’s hardly old in kit terms.

For steel moulds, this Fw 190 would still have decades of work ahead of it. But AFAIK the moulds for the Fw 190 are made of a lighter metal alloy, which is not as strong as steel moulds. How long they will last is another question entirely. Eduard certainly won't be throwing away good moulds, and for the moment some reissues are announced.

Actual results of voting what scaled 1/48 to 1/72 we would like from Eduard:

1. Spitfire (early)
  2. Tempest Mk. V
  3. Mitsubishi Zero
  4. FW 190A
  5. P-51B Mustang
  6. FW 190D
  7. Grumman Wildcat

Edited by Jirka Bures
Add FW 190D
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Eduard's design is based on a CAD design from Special Hobby. On top of that, Special Hobby itself has not said that there will not be further versions of the P-40. They are missing A, B and C to complete the set - perhaps they are developed already or they will be developed by SH, or perhaps Eduard will develop them and hand them over to Special Hobby. The two companies work too closely together for Eduard to even plan to step into SH territory.

If it is so, then why did people at Eduard say they have laser scanned a number of aircraft ? If they already had a CAD design they would have not needed what is afterall a time consuming and expensive job.

57 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

If it is so, then why did people at Eduard say they have laser scanned a number of aircraft ? If they already had a CAD design they would have not needed what is afterall a time consuming and expensive job.

When revealed the P40 project Mr Sulc himself declared that the CAD data came from the SH project for 1/72 scale kit, anyway to have more data about some areas and details a check by scan and direct survey was needed just for a better and accurate result. May be in 48 scale some area and details need a deeper check not necessary in 72 scale? It's possible. Or SH is good but Eduard will be better.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a Nieuport 11/16. Tempest, early P-40 would be nice.  Arma makes an excellent P-51B so I hope they steer there effort elsewhere.

But like most wish list, to each there own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

If it is so, then why did people at Eduard say they have laser scanned a number of aircraft?

Because they have access to the aircraft and they can do that. All the information collected in this way stays with the company, so if, for example, they wanted to do the P-40 family in 1/32, starting with the P-40B in 2031, for the 90th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, they would not have to collect the data once again.

12 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

If they already had a CAD design they would have not needed what is afterall a time consuming and expensive job.

The 'they would have not needed' bit is false. CAD speeds up work on a project because you get a finished shape of the object. But CAD does not mean you get a perfect model. In this case, means a model with details at 2016-2017 level. Eduard wants to make his model at 2024 level, on top of that at a larger scale, so he needs additional information.

And while we're on the subject of costs - companies can be hired to do this. I've just checked the offer of one of them - scanning an object the size of an aeroplane, MESH, NURBS & CAD + texture, is a cost of 75 USD / 70 euro per hour of scanning. The bigger problem is finding a well-preserved aircraft agreeing to scan it, rather than the cost of scanning.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Typo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, rickpeck said:

I'm hoping for a Nieuport 11/16. Tempest, early P-40 would be nice.  Arma makes an excellent P-51B so I hope they steer there effort elsewhere.

But like most wish list, to each there own.

About the P51B/C ... Mr Sulc said that after the P51D the B/C version will be produced, this despite the polish nice B/C (nice but expensive)