1:48 Hasegawa B5N2 Kate

GTZIM

This B5N2 Kate is part of a 3 model kit that Hasegawa released a few years ago. The other two planes are an A6M2 Zero and an D3A1 Val. The 3 planes all took part in the initial attack on Pearl Harbor, and were launched off Imperial Japanese Carriers.

To stay with the theme; I decided to build a 1:48 replica of the IJN carrier Hiryu. I chose to build a 1/4th section of the carrier as it should be ample room (24”x36”) to get some photographs of all 3 planes together once they're all finished.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

iEIdo9e.jpg

oWLspMr.jpg

1zOKNO8.jpg

pVnIpE0.jpg

1F7LPE3.jpg

hUaAkC4.jpg

This was the first time I utilized photoshops function to replace the background in favor of some real images and really enjoy how the photos turned out. I also just started using a 105mm macro lens.

Overall, I am satisfied with the kit and am excited to start the next two planes.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rod bettencourt said:

Great looking build and pics! I look forward to your next.

Rod

Thanks Rob! 

7 hours ago, Toryu said:

Lovely model! And a very well planned concept - eager to see all three of them aboard.

Thanks Toryu! I’m eager as well 

The Val is done very nicely.  The carrier project spanning 2 ft x 3 ft is really ambitious and am looking forward to seeing it completed.  Bring on the next installment.  Thanks for sharing this build.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:12 PM, Pete in a shed said:

Great painting skills, the motle is superb. Nice to see something a bit unusual, and built so well. The underside wing markings and colours really add interest to the  finished model.

Well done.:like:

Pete

Thank you! 

On 11/15/2023 at 3:23 PM, georgeusa said:

The Val is done very nicely.  The carrier project spanning 2 ft x 3 ft is really ambitious and am looking forward to seeing it completed.  Bring on the next installment.  Thanks for sharing this build.

Thank you! I started the second plane last night, and am excited to get all 3 completed. 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:22 PM, Dave Klaatu said:

Beautiful build, love the paint!

Thank you! 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, spitfire said:

Great build and a very clever way to pose it.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you! 

17 hours ago, BerndM said:

Excellent build and well presented.

Thank you! 

• Like 1