Kriegsfichkutter 1/350

Well calling this one done 2nd build of the year might even catch up with @Faraway at this rate  :doh:

This is the new ICM kit of the Kriegsfichkutter or an armoured trawler got three of these at the SCOT Nats the other weekend and built the basic kit up in just 28 minutes.

At 7cm long it is small and basic but I have had some fun trying to detail it with bits of spare PE and adding some crew from Tamiya and Starling Models a simple base to display and to try and get me some more inspiration for building all those stalled kits waiting on the shelf of Doom.

WIP

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235125131-kfk-kriegsfischkutter/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As a comparison for size @ArnoldAmbrose had asked me to place it near something in a similar scale well here is the Revell Tirpitz in the same scale which when built will include one of the other kits in a diorama at Kaafjord,

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

built the basic kit up in just 28 minutes.

.   .   .  and 40 seconds. (Or was that your lunch break. 😁)

But seriously, that's a beautiful model. While the big ships and large models of them are very impressive, models such as yours here are very appealing. Very well done. And thanks for the size comparison. I guess I should do the same with a Flower class corvette alongside HMS Hood, both combatants in the Battle of the Atlantic.

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

.   .   .  and 40 seconds. (Or was that your lunch break. 😁)

But seriously, that's a beautiful model. While the big ships and large models of them are very impressive, models such as yours here are very appealing. Very well done. And thanks for the size comparison. I guess I should do the same with a Flower class corvette alongside HMS Hood, both combatants in the Battle of the Atlantic.

Regards, Jeff.

Cheers Jeff makes a change from doing the bigger stuff

2 hours ago, Faraway said:

I don’t see why not.

Jon

Well hopefully get a few more done this year it has been like a desert in my boatyard the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

A little beaut :thumbsup:

Stay safe

Kev

Cheers Kev

57 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

That's quite a sweet little build! And very well presented.:clap2:

Cheers @dnl42

👍  beefy

• Like 1

Great to see it finished mate, having witnessed it’s 28 minute birth in Perth two weekends ago. 👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, S-boat 55 said:

Great little build, your flag looks great, how did you do it? 

Tirpitz next? 

Thanks Sam the flag is a decal from a 1/350 scale u-boat I use cooking foil wrap the decal around the foil cut to shape and glue to the uschi thread then to the mast.

Tirpitz will be a while yet I have a shelf to clear first.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Thanks Sam the flag is a decal from a 1/350 scale u-boat I use cooking foil wrap the decal around the foil cut to shape and glue to the uschi thread then to the mast.

Tirpitz will be a while yet I have a shelf to clear first.

Stay Safe

beefy

Thanks, I'll give that a go,

Why clear the shelf when you can just add more to it, 😄, tbf I've revells Bismarck in said stash yet to be done much with so can't really talk lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 2:18 PM, Donald said:

Something a bit different. Great result.

On 5/26/2023 at 9:31 AM, robgizlu said:

Beefy - Small and perfectly formed - no doubt a little like yourself :winkgrin:

Cracking little vignette

Rob

On 5/31/2023 at 7:17 PM, Bertie McBoatface said:

Yes indeed, that's a charming little diorama. Outstanding in fact.

18 hours ago, bissyboat said:

I agree to the above. Excellent work. 🙌

15 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's two cracking models that you've turned out in the last few weeks. Nice work on both of them Beefy.

John.

Thank you very much for the kind words gent's this retirement lark has given me a little more time to finish off the many builds cluttering up the shelf hopefully a few more on the way.  :thumbsup: Famous last words.

Stay Safe

beefy