Golden age of transport from 1918 to 1939 - Chat

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

I picked up a sort of cheapish Marsh Models DH 88.  Does that qualify as a golden age transport or is it more record breaker @Enzo the Magnificent ?  

It sure would qualify, true it only transported two people but that counts. Just as a motorcycle would also count as a mode of transport. The DH.88 could also does count as a record breaker. Just not sure if there is a build for them on the current roster for next year ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Would the Douglas World Cruiser count?  And I assume air mail is also art of the equation...

I give you the same answer as above John. Yes as long as it transported any humans it would count. And just like @JohnT asked with his question. Itcould also count for a record breaking build. 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

It sure would qualify, true it only transported two people but that counts. Just as a motorcycle would also count as a mode of transport. The DH.88 could also does count as a record breaker. Just not sure if there is a build for them on the current roster for next year ? 

Having the record breaker GB next year is handy.  With my track record I can start in one GB and finish in the second GB  - maybe if I am lucky !

Thanks @Corsairfoxfouruncle

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 8:08 PM, John Masters said:

Would the Douglas World Cruiser count?  And I assume air mail is also art of the equation...

I was just about to post the same question! I found the answer above...

It is just another possibility - the Airfix HP42 is still my main option but you never know.

Ray

Edited by Ray S
Tidy the post
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MARADER said:

Can I build the tractor of Fordson ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordson

Yes provided your particular model was built and used prior to August 31st 1939. Then you are good to go. It could even be a model built prior to 1918 and still be in use at that time ? I only ask that its date of manufacture can be verified. 

Dennis

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 12:33 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I only ask that its date of manufacture can be verified. 

Dennis

Must I give the number of engine and undercarriage?😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

No just a simple production year that the model is based on. 

The tractor of Fordson Model F interesting me. He was produced from 1917 1928 to.

• Like 1

I should be able to find time for one kit to build here, probably once the Frog GB finishes. After a quick review of the stash - mostly from memory - I have the following eligible subjects, all 1/72 unless otherwise stated:

Airfix HP.42/HP.45 (1/144)

Revell [Otaki] Dornier Do X (1/144)

Glencoe Models Martin M-130 (officially 1/144, realistically c. 1/132) - bought earlier today

Airfix Ford 5-AT Trimotor

Heller Caudron C-635 Simoun

Revell Junkers F13W float plane (parts for land plane included, but decals only for the float plane)

Revell [Matchbox] Heinkel He 70G-1

Revell [ICM] Heinkel He 70G-1 (boxing is of the military version, but has the parts for the passenger version, decals would be taken from Matchbox or Revell)

RS Models Airspeed Envoy

The only reason why the likes of the Boeing 314 Clipper, Spirit of Saint Louis or Fokker Trimotor are not listed is because I've already built them, many years ago in some cases.

The only road-based subject I have is probably the Airfix 1/32 4.5 Litre Bentley (1930), but like the other Airfix kits listed, is probably more valuable as a "vintage" Airfix subject.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, klr said:

I should be able to find time for one kit to build here, probably once the Frog GB finishes. After a quick review of the stash - mostly from memory - I have the following eligible subjects, all 1/72 unless otherwise stated:

Airfix HP.42/HP.45 (1/144)

Revell [Otaki] Dornier Do X (1/144)

Glencoe Models Martin M-130 (officially 1/144, realistically c. 1/132) - bought earlier today

Airfix Ford 5-AT Trimotor

Heller Caudron C-635 Simoun

Revell Junkers F13W float plane (parts for land plane included, but decals only for the float plane)

Revell [Matchbox] Heinkel He 70G-1

Revell [ICM] Heinkel He 70G-1 (boxing is of the military version, but has the parts for the passenger version, decals would be taken from Matchbox or Revell)

RS Models Airspeed Envoy

The only reason why the likes of the Boeing 314 Clipper, Spirit of Saint Louis or Fokker Trimotor are not listed is because I've already built them, many years ago in some cases.

The only road-based subject I have is probably the Airfix 1/32 4.5 Litre Bentley (1930), but like the other Airfix kits listed, is probably more valuable as a "vintage" Airfix subject.

All would be great subjects, some of which are on my future wants list. I think Airfix is re-releasing or has re-released the Bentley ? So maybe a newer issue of the kit will show itself in the build. 

2 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

All would be great subjects, some of which are on my future wants list. I think Airfix is re-releasing or has re-released the Bentley ? So maybe a newer issue of the kit will show itself in the build. 

According to Scalemates, the last time the 1/32 Bentley* was released was in 2004, but I'd imagine it must be in the Vintage Classics pipeline somewhere. My kit is a 1978 boxing that I got second-hand a few years ago. I don't really build cars, but I couldn't resist that piece of nostalgia.

*The 1/12 wunderkit was re-released in 2020, but even I'm not mad enough to be tempted by that.

• Like 2

On 04/01/2024 at 20:14, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

p.s. think I saw a Heller Bently on the shelf next to that Bugatti, if so, it'd be 1/24

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-80722-bentley-45-l-blower--1380731

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Just picked up one of these

1479696-67620-23-pristine.jpg

Hope that's OK?

Quite Ive just looked it up and should be a fine addition to the builds. 

56 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

p.s. think I saw a Heller Bently on the shelf next to that Bugatti, if so, it'd be 1/24

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-80722-bentley-45-l-blower--1380731

All the great looking cars should be enjoyable to look at. 

• Thanks 1