Golden age of transport from 1918 to 1939 - Chat

19 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive tried in the past to tag you but no response. We have 30+ sign-ups and Im curious if this needs 30 or 35 as Ive forgotten what the rules were. 

Sorry, I must have missed it.   It's 30 signups for a GB so this one is now in the Bunfight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Early choice for me is the Revell Junkers G-24 floatplane, @vppelt68will approve as it come with Aero O/Y decals, that Finland Airlines to you and me :wink:

*APPROVED*

Aero Oy was a direct predecessor of today's Finnair, or better yet, it was the same company's former commercial name. All the Finnair flights still go with symbols AY***, dating back to Aero years. 🙂

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Cars allowed?

Yes most definitely, any mode of vehicular transport. Cars, trains, trucks, boats, Lighter and heavier than air aircraft. Oh yes Motorcycles and others as well. If it has a motor and is used to move people it qualifies. 

• Like 1

On 07/12/2022 at 00:44, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If it has a motor and is used to move people it qualifies.

Aw, no sailplanes from the thirties then? Just joking 😉  Not for me anyway - I will go for a yellow-wing. Can't wait to start!!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Providing we get through, I'm in with this :) 

Used in WW1 then afterwards in civvy street, so I assume it fits the criteria?

Ian 

coal

Yes it does, here is the specific line covering your question. 

“Classic mode’s of Transportation” group build take two. This would cover anything transport (vehicles, trains, ships, and aircraft) related. Starting from 12 November 1918, 24 hours after the Armistice went into effect. It will end 24 hours prior to September 1st 1939. Any mode of transport used, designed, or operated in this time frame. This would include World War One transportation or aircraft still being used in this timeframe.

• Thanks 1

I've ordered a Glencoe Curtiss Condor.

No need to tell me I'm mad, I've spent some hours since reading accounts from people who've attempted tackling the thing....

James

Edited by Old Man
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 04/11/2023 at 08:17, Mjwomack said:

Who doesn't want to see me tackle greasley's LNER teak finish, in n gauge? Vote for golden and get teak is what I'm saying 😁

I definitely want to see that!  :thumbsup:

I also want to build something railway related.  My best choice would be the DJH Models LNWR Claughton but I doubt I could finish it within the GB timescale.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I definitely want to see that!  :thumbsup:

I also want to build something railway related.  My best choice would be the DJH Models LNWR Claughton but I doubt I could finish it within the GB timescale.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If only you had a vote 😢

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 10:53 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

A condor would be a great build to see. Ive built Glencoe kits before. They’re not so different from a limited production kit. 

It's arrived, Uncle.

Does seem better than build accounts suggest, but still lots of prep-work indicated. Ribbing is actually quite decent, for its day. Tail is twisted, wings are bowed. Plastic looks hard to work with.

Hope to be doing it with company.

James

• Like 3