1/48 - North American P-51B/C Mustang by Eduard - P-51B released

Homebee

13 Euro is not even that expensive shipping to be honest. I am used to ordering from aviationmegastore and both DPD and DHL from them cost 17-20 Euro to my country.

1 hour ago, drake122 said:

I am used to ordering from aviationmegastore and both DPD and DHL from them cost 17-20 Euro to my country.

I believe Mojehobby would be moreaffordable. They are gradually adding the whole Hannant's catalogue to theirs, so it will be possible to order everything Hannant's has from them, and their own catalogue is also expanding. So better check Mojehobby next time if they have what you need.

On 3/13/2024 at 12:58 PM, TheKinksFan said:

They are gradually adding the whole Hannant's catalogue to theirs, so it will be possible to order everything Hannant's has from them

Moje Hobby is one of the biggest shops in Poland, but I wouldn't count on them having the same stuff as Hannants. They have a very good agreement with importers, and with the size of their sales themselves they pull various things directly from manufacturers.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Typo

3 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

I believe Mojehobby would be moreaffordable. They are gradually adding the whole Hannant's catalogue to theirs, so it will be possible to order everything Hannant's has from them, and their own catalogue is also expanding. So better check Mojehobby next time if they have what you need.

That is one of my favorite e-shops also. Very good service and shipping cost all in all. Sadly, there are some items I could only find on aviationmegastore within the EU.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

but I wouldn't count on them having the same stuff as Hannants.

That's what they said some time ago, that they will gradually incorporate everything that Hannant's has into their own catalogue, but that it would take time. They also asked people to contact them, if there was any particular barnd from Hannant's, so they would add it sooner. Time will tell if they will add literally everything, maybe not. But it's great that at least most brands that previously were not available in the EU, are more easily available.

2 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

That's what they said some time ago, that they will gradually incorporate everything that Hannant's has into their own catalogue, but that it would take time.

This may be a linguistic issue, as Polish 'all' or 'the same' has a literal meaning, but also a meaning of 'similar goods and also so great a choice'. But I don't mind the entire Hannants catalogue in Moje Hobby, especially as I don't pay for postage :D

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 4:23 PM, Scooby said:

I wish I could order direct from Eduard with the BFC discount, shipping is far to costly through their website. I order from Hannants or a seller in Poland, through those options I get far more affordable shipping to Canada.

Try Exito. They are taking preorders now and shipping for just this one kit to Canada is $12.50. Exito lists the kit at $83.58.

If you spend $250 at Eduard then shipping is free. But you have to spend $250.:drunk:

If you know other modellers in your neighborhood who want the kit too, then make a combined order and everyone that orders will get the kit for a reasonable price.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/share/iUpnY3jUukxSCKPB/

"Jan Pidrman finished the construction of 1/48 scale P-40E kit. Now, he is working on a Brassin cockpit for the upcoming new 1/48 scale P-51B kit.

Besides that Jan is also modeller (as you can see on the second monitor, where is his 1/48 Tempest Mk.II model), he is also an astrophotographer.

FB_IMG_1710439728888

FB_IMG_1710439736978

FB_IMG_1710439740805

• Like 3

I ordered the Royal Class boxing. Figured why not as I’ve never had anything so fancy and complete in one package before. With all the decal options, and the current amount of decal sheets I already have for the B/C airframe, I’ll just buy more Tamiyas and Eduard overtrees after it’s all said and done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

JAdlam are listing the Overlord boxing on eBay!

Link here for info

Cheers, 

Mark 

Mmm, now 'withdrawn by the seller as the item is no longer available' Makes you wonder if it was listed in error?

• Like 1

Just now, keithjs said:

Mmm, now 'withdrawn by the seller as the item is no longer available' Makes you wonder if it was listed in error?

Interesting - maybe they've had their knuckles rapped by Eduard.....

4 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

Still available on Jadlamracingmodels, though. 

Yes, but only as a pre order for next month...

1 hour ago, keithjs said:

Yes, but only as a pre order for next month...

The kit has not been released yet, it's not available anywhere, so the eBay stuff was also either pre-order, or more likely an error.

Source: Eduard Leaflet May 2024:

The main new release in May will be the premiere of the P-51B Mustang kit in 1/48 scale, which we have prepared as a Dual Combo in the Limited Edition under the title OVERLORD: D-DAY MUSTANGS / P-51B MUSTANG DUAL COMBO 1/48. This release is eagerly anticipated by the customer community.
A selection of decals allows for the construction of two out of the nine American and one British aircraft from the Normandy landings and subsequent operations during June 1944. The 4th, 352nd, 354th, 355th, 357th, 361st, and 363rd Fighter Groups will be represented with brightly colored machines from the summer of 1944. The selection includes the legendary „Salem Representative“ machine flown by Lt. Ralph K. „Kid“ Hofer of the 334th FS, 4th FG, and the RAF is represented by the famous aircraft flown by S/Ldr Eugeniusz „Dziubek“ Horbaczewski of No. 315 (Polish) Squadron. The kit also includes masks and pre-painted photoetched parts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

I pre-ordered the double boxing for $65 Cdn plus shipping from Hannants.

That is a nice deal. It’s like paying for one kit and getting the other half price off.

I think I’ll wait for a regular ProfiPACK. Those invasion stripes don’t do it for me.

• Like 2

Well,  i ordered the royal class kit from my local model shop.  That is only p51b kit he could get!  It has decals for Shangra La, which appeals to me.

Ironically, another model shop i was at today had the old royal class p51d kit!  Sold as used, but sealed from a colletion he got in, for a great price!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...