1/48 - de Havilland Canada DHC-2/L-20A/U-6A Beaver by Dora Wings - 3D renders+sprues lay out - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

• 1 month later...

To (mis)quote the late Sir Cumference: "Ah, here it is Christmas and still no Beaver"! Come on, you blokes - don't force me to take desperate steps, like pulling out my Hobbycrap version and making a start!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HAAFPhot said:

Good luck with that. Thales etc are still tight lipped on the various fits.

Fit in the photographic role,(high and low level)  and for observation. 
Camera fits:
Low level fit, (250ft height for camera passes) 2 Vinpan pods one on each wing (shorten jaguar pod) 360 degree spinning cameras with 180 photographic cover using either colour, b&w or IR film fitted, with a further camera fitted in the rear cab looking straight down. 
High Level fit for operation between 2000 and 10000 ft, 2 cameras adjusted for height before take off, one camera in rear cab looking straight down, the other oblique camera at a 45*deg through aperture in rear port door. 
Observation ops, just special radio kit, camera mounts for handheld camera as well as using stabilised bino’s. 

😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

To (mis)quote the late Sir Cumference: "Ah, here it is Christmas and still no Beaver"! Come on, you blokes - don't force me to take desperate steps, like pulling out my Hobbycrap version and making a start!

Ditto.  I just drew the three volume set 'The British Army in Ulster' out of a local library to read over Christmas. I know it will stir up the urge to drag out the Hobbycraft Beaver and other Op Banner kits I have in my stash.

Come on Dora Wings 😜

• Haha 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - de Havilland Canada DHC-2/L-20A/U-6A Beaver by Dora Wings - 3D renders - release in 2024 ?
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering, as I am  like you guys, patiently waiting for this beauty, is it still in the works? Any thoughts on a possible release date? I hope it hasn't been put on the back shelf.....such an iconic bird for us here in Canada, the possibilities are endless..... 

Jeff

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biggu said:

such an iconic bird for us here in Canada, the possibilities are endless.....

A special boxing with a set of Edo floats and a decal sheet full of Canadian bushplane options would be nice! (So also would be a 1/72 version, and a 1/72 DHC-3 Otter! :thumbsup:)

John

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Thompson said:

A special boxing with a set of Edo floats and a decal sheet full of Canadian bushplane options would be nice! (So also would be a 1/72 version, and a 1/72 DHC-3 Otter! :thumbsup:)

John

Without question !  Has my vote, John...:clap2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Harbour Air is the local operator of these aircraft where I live in coastal B.C. I see them flying almost every single day. I love watching them approach and touch down in the harbour, as well as take off. There’s a real sense of nostalgia listening to the radial engine spooling up and hammering down to get airborne. Naturally I’d love to get a couple copies of this timeless bird.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, one72 said:

Harbour Air is the local operator of these aircraft where I live in coastal B.C. I see them flying almost every single day. I love watching them approach and touch down in the harbour, as well as take off. There’s a real sense of nostalgia listening to the radial engine spooling up and hammering down to get airborne. Naturally I’d love to get a couple copies of this timeless bird.

I may just have gone a little green with envy at this. They were very helpful when I contacted them about the floats on one of their aircraft.

I hope this kit emerges but his day job is in the Ukrainian forces so that could be slowing things down. IIRC his wife is doing all the packing and shipping most of the time so they are doing their best I'm sure. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, John Thompson said:

John

Just let us get the 1/48 kit before you confuse them with a 1/72 release!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I may just have gone a little green with envy at this. They were very helpful when I contacted them about the floats on one of their aircraft.

I hope this kit emerges but his day job is in the Ukrainian forces so that could be slowing things down. IIRC his wife is doing all the packing and shipping most of the time so they are doing their best I'm sure. 

Yes, we often forget about the realities of the world.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, one72 said:

Oh I get that ! When I am at the coast I ALWAYS hit the Flying Beaver Pub, for a great burger and a few gallons of beer, sitting right at the float plane base... I could sit there for days ! Awesome activity..... last summer I even saw a Beech 18 on floats, now that was cool!

Jeff

10 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Thanks for the great info, and yes we sometimes do forget whats going on in the world....

Jeff

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Biggu said:

Oh I get that ! When I am at the coast I ALWAYS hit the Flying Beaver Pub, for a great burger and a few gallons of beer, sitting right at the float plane base... I could sit there for days ! Awesome activity..... last summer I even saw a Beech 18 on floats, now that was cool!

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the tip regarding the pub. I’ll definitely check it out next time I’m on the mainland. Cheers!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, one72 said:

Jeff, thanks for the tip regarding the pub. I’ll definitely check it out next time I’m on the mainland. Cheers!

You won't be disappointed.... sometimes hard to get into in the summer, it is usually full, probably because it is so good.... hope you get there soon...

Jeff

5 hours ago, Britman said:

I need to build a Baxter aviation one, my first float plane flight was Nanimo to Sproat lake along side another and a C45 floater!

Keith 

I’m with you Kieth, Baxter is also on my list of to do Beavers, when the kit gets released. We painted quite a few Beavers at Vic Air Maintenance and the one I would do in particular is C-FAWA. It was the oldest Beaver in the Baxter fleet and I was very excited when I saw it come in on the tug. I remember AWA from the early 70’s and even have a photo of it flying over the house. It was with Air West at the time, which later became Air BC. Baxter was taken over by new owners some time ago, but some are still wearing the same paint scheme. The Baxter Aviation logo on the fuselage was supplied by Tom whenever he brought one in, it was vinyl and had to be heat gunned and pressed on to the rivets. I’m sure the vector art still exists, although I can’t remember the name of the place that did them. Probably in Nanaimo. Tom was one of the nicest customers to deal with, very down to earth, and I would be proud to do one in Baxter colours. Going over white paint, the decals could easily be laser or inkjet printed.

Really excited about the kit. 

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 2

My girlfriend is keen to get back to Canada (went for a holiday a while back) and has discovered the joy of floatplanes and flying boats, so this pub is going onto our To Visit list!

In the meantime I remain excited for a (wheeled) Beaver kit.

25 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

My girlfriend is keen to get back to Canada (went for a holiday a while back) and has discovered the joy of floatplanes and flying boats, so this pub is going onto our To Visit list!

In the meantime I remain excited for a (wheeled) Beaver kit.

The Flying Beaver is in Vancouver, and The Flying Otter is in Victoria, both part of Harbour Air. I haven’t been to the Beaver, but I have been to the Otter and it is top notch also.

Harrison Ford had a very attractive Beaver, and flew it on wheels. I don’t know if he still has it, but he did have the full STOL kit, and a 2 blade propeller. Lots of photos out there, it’s Yellow, Kelly Green and Dark Green.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...